10 replies to this topic

#1 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hello guys, I have problem with the booting animation because I have 4.0.4 ICS and I have booting logo from some portugal or spanish or even mexican network. Can you tell me/explain me, how to do booting animation with the razr maxx EYE. It's pretty awesome and I really want to have it. It is razr maxx and it should be razr EYE on boot :)
Thanks for reading and waiting for response :)
Cheers , Michal.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

If someone with a razr (not me, I don't have one) can post up a link to their bootanimation.zip file in /system/media/bootanimation.zip then perhaps, I can help u with this. If you're phone has root access, it's not really that hard to change that animation you're talking about. Wish I could help more, but until I have the actual animation to share with you, my directions are useless.
  • pawlik32 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

here you go bro.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

will need to rename it to just bootanimation.zip

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • pawlik32 and joker87 like this
Posted Image

#4 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

If someone with a razr (not me, I don't have one) can post up a link to their bootanimation.zip file in /system/media/bootanimation.zip then perhaps, I can help u with this. If you're phone has root access, it's not really that hard to change that animation you're talking about. Wish I could help more, but until I have the actual animation to share with you, my directions are useless.

Hey dude. Tell me how to get access to the root. I hope that's not so hard. I dont care how long I will do that, I just have to see that boot animation on my phone.
Thanks for that answer and I will be happy if u will help me with that :)
Cheers

#5 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Google how to root droid razr or:
Use Matts 1.82 utility:

Run "DroidRAZRUtility" batch file and then select option 2 for root. It will run a script and restart a few times. After that you are rooted.

To get the above bootanimation to run, download a file manager. E.G. ES file explorer form the Play store. In ES File Explorer, go into settings/root setting and select all four boxes. If you are rooted it will ask you if superuser is allowed. Select yes. Then locate your downloaded file (Make sure you renamed it to bootanimation.zip), copy it, and paste it to data/local (Press "Up" to go up a level from sdcard). By pasting it in data/local it will run as your boot animation, and your old animation will still be there as a backup. FYI the system bootanimation is located under system/media.

If you have a sound file with the boot animation (It will be an .ogg file), then that needs to be pasted in system/media in the same fashion as mentioned above.

Hope you get it running!

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#6 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

My mistake. XT910 is the GSM version I believe, so you will have to use the utility from here to root:

Hopefully you're running one of the ICS versions that utility supports, otherwise Google it and you will find answers :)
  • pawlik32 likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#7 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hey again :)
I used that tutorial to root my phone and everything worked as on the video. I hope is rooted now.

settings/root setting

Can't see that folder in the ES File Explorer :/

#8 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Can't see that folder in the ES File Explorer :/

Once in the app, press your menu button and select settings. Then scroll down to find root settings.

If root settings can not be turned on, then you are not rooted. You should also see a superuser app in your app draw if you are rooted.
  • pawlik32 likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#9 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

I found it. Now I'll try to do these instructions from up, just can someone up the .ogg sound file from that bootanimation too if possible? Please :)))))

#10 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Google how to root droid razr or:
Use Matts 1.82 utility:

Run "DroidRAZRUtility" batch file and then

2 for root. It will run a script and restart a few times. After that you are rooted.

To get the above bootanimation to run, download a file manager. E.G. ES file explorer form the Play store. In ES File Explorer, go into settings/root setting and select all four boxes. If you are rooted it will ask you if superuser is allowed. Select yes. Then locate your downloaded file (Make sure you renamed it to bootanimation.zip), copy it, and paste it to data/local (Press "Up" to go up a level from sdcard). By pasting it in data/local it will run as your boot animation, and your old animation will still be there as a backup. FYI the system bootanimation is located under system/media.

If you have a sound file with the boot animation (It will be an .ogg file), then that needs to be pasted in system/media in the same fashion as mentioned above.

Hope you get it running!

Done, works almost perfect :) Now just I need to put that .ogg file for sound and will be PERFECT ;)
Thanks for help very much.

P.S.
Anyone have that live wallpaper from razr maxx? This eye as well ^^ is awesome too :D

#11 pawlik32

pawlik32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Never mind, I found another solution in google :) Thanks for help guys :)
Close the topic :)
Cheers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users