4 replies to this topic

#1 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Since I'm trying to build my first ROM, I was on a hunt for some build.prop tweaks I may use. I found a thread on Rootz with a whole list. The thread is from the Gnex forums, but I'm almost positive they're compatible.

Figured I'd post them up for other newbies like myself. Enjoy!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Placing them in my initial de-bloated build and will be testing tomorrow. I'll be using the battery life, phone, and performance tweaks.

I'll report back with results.

Edit: Everything is working properly! So far so good!
  • andlaw likes this

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Try to remember that "less is more." Too many build.prop tweaks can actually hinder performance rather than help it. You gotta make sure you know what you're putting into your ROM and what it does so that some of the tweaks you'll be adding won't conflict with each other. Just some helpful hints to pass along.

I learned the whole "less is more" thing from andlaw. The amount of build.prop tweaks I had in one of my ROMs actually drained battery life and hindered performance.

Also, that thread is posted in the Galaxy Nexus section. Make sure some of the tweaks won't bootloop your phone upon reboot.
  • andlaw likes this

#3 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Try to remember that "less is more." Too many build.prop tweaks can actually hinder performance rather than help it. You gotta make sure you know what you're putting into your ROM and what it does so that some of the tweaks you'll be adding won't conflict with each other. Just some helpful hints to pass along.

I learned the whole "less is more" thing from andlaw. The amount of build.prop tweaks I had in one of my ROMs actually drained battery life and hindered performance.

Also, that thread is posted in the Galaxy Nexus section. Make sure some of the tweaks won't bootloop your phone upon reboot.

Yeah that was the main thing andlaw told me. I'm flashing the ROM now. All I incorporated were the battery and phone tweaks. If I run into any problems, I'll ask that the link be taken down.

Thanks for the advice, man!
  • andlaw likes this

#4 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Shoot me a pm if you need help

vtc.png

#5 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

@twin thanks man, I Appreciate it.

Update: been running these tweaks all day with zero issues. :)
  • andlaw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users