3 replies to this topic

#1 Tellsch

Tellsch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I recently updated to the MAXX HD from a Droid 2 running CM7. This is my first 4G phone and I have some questions as to what is normal behavior. Whenever I go into a large store, my phone eventually drops 4G and goes right to 1x (no 3G). Once I leave the store and am outside, the phone takes 2-5 minutes to get back onto 4G.

I have my data network set to LTE/CDMA. I live in Chicago so the 4G signal is pretty strong. I have had the phone for 4 days now and have yet to see 3G appear.

I know data signals in a store are a crap shoot, but is this normal behavior?

#2 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Maybe, download that phone info app and you can set it to evdo only to make sure 3g works

#3 Tellsch

Tellsch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I switched the mode to CDMA only and it worked fine on 3G. I guess I was expecting the network to go from 4G to 3G to 1x to no single. It seems like it skips 3G all together and goes right to 1X. Could be my lack of knowledge around how this all works, but I wanted to make sure the phone is good at least.

#4 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I switched the mode to CDMA only and it worked fine on 3G. I guess I was expecting the network to go from 4G to 3G to 1x to no single. It seems like it skips 3G all together and goes right to 1X. Could be my lack of knowledge around how this all works, but I wanted to make sure the phone is good at least.

Its possible the 3g signal is even more attenuated inside the store than the 4g is so it can't drop down. Verizon's lte is supposed to have better penetration than 3g so it doesn't surprise me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users