• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#81 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

play store keeps crashing? cleared store data/cache, still crashes when either updating or downloading apps.

didnt wipe data coming from build 16, as it wasnt indicated. ideas?

My idea is to start fresh.
Wipe system and data.
Flash BatakangROM Release 1.00 and flash Gappsv2.

If you ever have weird errors and didn't wipe... that's the cause 90% of the time.
  • ajm144k likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#82 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

any idea as to why I'm missing my 4.2 camera? It was there earlier.....

#83 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

any idea as to why I'm missing my 4.2 camera? It was there earlier.....

Not sure, happened on Atrix HD as well. It's part of the Gallery so it doesn't really make sense that its missing.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#84 xcodybx

xcodybx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

trying it again.....idk.

#85 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Twitter:br4nd0n
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

So after about 3:00 PM on my first full day running the build I lost mobile data. I didn't change anything or install any thing at all -- just dropped data and it never came back, reboot, pulled SIM, etc.

When I boot to stock all is well. Very odd.

#86 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

So after about 3:00 PM on my first full day running the build I lost mobile data. I didn't change anything or install any thing at all -- just dropped data and it never came back, reboot, pulled SIM, etc.

When I boot to stock all is well. Very odd.

If that happens again go to Phone Info (there are free apps to do so) and try changing the radio is LTE/CDMA/WCDMA or an option like that to see what the issue was. Or try to get a logcat.

#87 Galaxy M82

Galaxy M82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

So far I love it... except for the amount of stripping that was done on Moto's Not-So-Blur UI. I really liked the default clock/weather widget, as well as the quick settings menu. Is there any way to pull that particular widget out of Moto's stock build and throw it in Batakang? I'm not very familiar with building ROMs, just using them. :D Good work so far though, keep it up!

#88 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have the XT926 Developer edition, Unlocked. I can install this rom using Safestrap ONLY. I dont like using safestrap, takes up too much memory. I went back to stock to clear my system out, and now I am back to Official JB, rooted with the current v of TWRP. The error that I get is the install can not mount the data file. I went in the mount menu and I could not check the mount data. I want to stay with TWRP, any help.

Thanks
Believe In "Open Source"

#89 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

If that happens again go to Phone Info (there are free apps to do so) and try changing the radio is LTE/CDMA/WCDMA or an option like that to see what the issue was. Or try to get a logcat.

Alright so I booted back into the Bat and tried a few radio options with Phone Info, still no data. I can pull whatever log you need me to, let me know how.

#90 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Alright so I booted back into the Bat and tried a few radio options with Phone Info, still no data. I can pull whatever log you need me to, let me know how.

Catlog is one of the easier ways to get it to me. Set it to 'Record' and then try turning on LTE only with Phone Info. Back to CDMA Auto (PRL). Then back to LTE only.
Choose the Catlog icon in the notification to stop recording.
Hit the Menu key, and change the log level to Error. Then save it and put it in a pastebin.org and link it here or email it to me.

I don't have other reports of losing LTE, so it might just be an isolated incident. Not sure :/

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#91 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have the XT926 Developer edition, Unlocked. I can install this rom using Safestrap ONLY. I dont like using safestrap, takes up too much memory. I went back to stock to clear my system out, and now I am back to Official JB, rooted with the current v of TWRP. The error that I get is the install can not mount the data file. I went in the mount menu and I could not check the mount data. I want to stay with TWRP, any help.

Thanks

I need the /tmp/recovery.log from a failed flashing.

#92 karatche

karatche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Thanks you for your contributions here Matt.
I've installed this rom with gapsv2 and it seems stable so far. I have a couple questions. If i want to remove an application like Chrome can I just pull the apk file from the APP folder prior to installation? If so is there anything else I have to do ?

Why don't all my applications re populate when I start this rom. It's really hard to remember all of them to manually call them up on play store.
Thanks in advance.

#93 Galaxy M82

Galaxy M82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

My Mobile Hotspot isn't working... I downloaded SQLite Editor and I'm having difficulty navigating to the proper database to edit to change the line specified in OP. Am I looking for this database under apps or files? I found the settings.db under Settings Storage but I'm not seeing any "settings" options under that, only android_metadata, bluetooth_devices, bookmarks, secure, sqlite_sequence and system.

Edit: Found it, there are two Settings Storage to choose from, it's the one with the tools icon.

#94 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Catlog is one of the easier ways to get it to me. Set it to 'Record' and then try turning on LTE only with Phone Info. Back to CDMA Auto (PRL). Then back to LTE only.
Choose the Catlog icon in the notification to stop recording.
Hit the Menu key, and change the log level to Error. Then save it and put it in a pastebin.org and link it here or email it to me.

I don't have other reports of losing LTE, so it might just be an isolated incident. Not sure :/

#95 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

#96 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks.

Well, I don't see any errors that would cause you not to get LTE. Can you confirm you get LTE on the stock system, on Full Throttle, etc.?

#97 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Thanks.

Well, I don't see any errors that would cause you not to get LTE. Can you confirm you get LTE on the stock system, on Full Throttle, etc.?

Quick video of what I'm doing --

Start in stock, SS over to 1.0

#98 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Quick video of what I'm doing --
Start in stock, SS over to 1.0

Yeah that's quite the weird problem.

Can you confirm LTE doesn't work on a Clean Flash of BatakangROM and can you confirm LTE works on Full Throttle?
  • brndn likes this

#99 brndn

brndn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Let me download full throttle.

My install of bat only had my app restore which was done hours before any issue and the database edit for tether which was also a good while before.

I haven't tried a wipe and reflash though, in fairness.

#100 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Let me download full throttle.

My install of bat only had my app restore which was done hours before any issue and the database edit for tether which was also a good while before.

I haven't tried a wipe and reflash though, in fairness.

No offense to you or anyone else, but if any previous data is restored with any kind of backup program I don't take the bug reports seriously. I have had people complain to me their phone was "Ringing Constantly" and glitching on ROMs that were perfectly fine, they just used a backup/restore program like Titanium Backup.

I hope you can get your issue fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users