• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#141 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is it possible for me to add circles widget back on this rom.

Yup.
Install the HomeLauncher.apk (and .odex ) CircleWidget3D,apk (and .odex) and Weather.apk (and .odex if it has it) do your ~/data/app/ folder and set the permissions like the other files in there for each.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is easiest done in Root Explorer.. but ES File Manager does too.
  • karatche likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#142 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

im pretty sure you cant, but is there any way to get the circles widget to work on like nova launcher or apex?

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#143 karatche

karatche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Yup.
Install the HomeLauncher.apk (and .odex ) CircleWidget3D,apk (and .odex) and Weather.apk (and .odex if it has it) do your ~/data/app/ folder and set the permissions like the other files in there for each.

This is easiest done in Root Explorer.. but ES File Manager does too.

I have root explorer and can make those edits i'm sure. However I don't know where to get the .apk & .odex files you listed?

#144 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I have root explorer and can make those edits i'm sure. However I don't know where to get the .apk & .odex files you listed?

From your stock system. You can copy from the ~/system/app/ folder with Root explorer on there to your sdcard.
Reboot to SS 3 and set it back to Batakang or whatever ROM you are on.
Then you got em :)

im pretty sure you cant, but is there any way to get the circles widget to work on like nova launcher or apex?

Unfortunately not.
  • karatche likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#145 JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Alabama

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

There is a pretty close alternative on the play market, though i forget what app it is. Super clock something another like that..... LOL <<< no help I know....

#146 Mach3Razr

Mach3Razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Can you add any themes over this ROM? Like CyanogenMod10?

#147 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

There is a pretty close alternative on the play market, though i forget what app it is. Super clock something another like that..... LOL <<< no help I know....

here's the play stores circle widget not as nice but ah it works lol

• karatche likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#148 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

This is what I was about to ask. I wouldn't think it would be that hard, but I haven't had the time, nor felt like decompiling the widget to look at the source code. If matt says it can't be done he is probably right though.

#149 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

This is what I was about to ask. I wouldn't think it would be that hard, but I haven't had the time, nor felt like decompiling the widget to look at the source code. If matt says it can't be done he is probably right though.

If someone cared enough its possible. I don't lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#150 msassounian

msassounian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi guys. Just wondering which gapps is the correct and most updated one to run at this point. in the OP it says there are version 1 and version 2, but it looks like he's put out version 3 and version 3 Xt-912 or something like that.

also, once i flash gapps, should i never update them via playstore?

thank you can't wait to try this out!

#151 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@originaldobo
  • Google+:dobo122884
  • LocationLakeland F.L
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yo Matty I'm jonesing for a update lol

#152 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yo Matty I'm jonesing for a update lol

agreeed. Lol but I do know the razr jb update was pushed by mistake I think right ? But he's probably busy

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#153 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

agreeed. Lol but I do know the razr jb update was pushed by mistake I think right ? But he's probably busy

An OG RAZR was just donated to me by forum member Nubia so I will be busy on that for the time-being.

#154 mdkpnj12

mdkpnj12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Does this ROM have any features to customize the size or transparency of the NavBar, or disable it altogether? This is a great phone but the small screen (actual usable size) is a big problem. After always flashing with a DroidX I really wanted to stay stock. However it looks like my choices or flash a custom ROM that allows you control of the NavBar or exchange the Razr Maxx HD for a Galaxy S3.

What ROMs do allow control over the NavBar. I understand CM10 or 10.1 does, but not everything works on that.

Thanks.

#155 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Does this ROM have any features to customize the size or transparency of the NavBar, or disable it altogether? This is a great phone but the small screen (actual usable size) is a big problem. After always flashing with a DroidX I really wanted to stay stock. However it looks like my choices or flash a custom ROM that allows you control of the NavBar or exchange the Razr Maxx HD for a Galaxy S3.

What ROMs do allow control over the NavBar. I understand CM10 or 10.1 does, but not everything works on that.

Thanks.

Small screen? Sure it's not an SGS3, but hardly a small screen in any respect when looking at the grand scheme of things, espically considereing you came from a DX. I cam from a D@G which was pretty much the same phone, and this is a huge screen by comparision.

As for size or transparency, that's not in this rom. In fact I don't recall seeing it in any rom I ever used, and I don't recall it in CM10 but I didnt test it long due to a non-working camera. Nor do I see how the tiny amount of screen size you would gain by disabling the navbar is going to make a trully useable difference.

Instead of complaiging about this stuffi n a rom thread, why not start a thread asking in general? This is rude even by my standards, and some people condiser me rude for simply providing a fair and balanced oppinion.

#156 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Small screen? Sure it's not an SGS3, but hardly a small screen in any respect when looking at the grand scheme of things, espically considereing you came from a DX. I cam from a D@G which was pretty much the same phone, and this is a huge screen by comparision.

As for size or transparency, that's not in this rom. In fact I don't recall seeing it in any rom I ever used, and I don't recall it in CM10 but I didnt test it long due to a non-working camera. Nor do I see how the tiny amount of screen size you would gain by disabling the navbar is going to make a trully useable difference.

Instead of complaiging about this stuffi n a rom thread, why not start a thread asking in general? This is rude even by my standards, and some people condiser me rude for simply providing a fair and balanced oppinion.

i know why he is saying its small compared to the S3 is because the S3 has hardware buttons while we have soft keys which take up part of the screen whivh is understandable but i would prefer the soft keys because they are customizable and i love android being all customizable everuthing :) that's the beauty of open source android

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#157 mrfel3s

mrfel3s

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

I just installed this ROM, and so far it seems to be exactly what I really wanted from the factory.

Note to Developer Edition owners: If you don't want to use/manage any extra space with different ROM slots, you can install this and make a backup via the safestrap recovery, then uninstall safestrap and restore this to be the only ROM on the phone via the "real" recovery. I make no guarantees about this not blowing up your phone somehow, but it worked for me.

Thanks!

#158 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Will you be updating this Rom in the future?

Believe In "Open Source"

#159 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Will you be updating this Rom in the future?

eventually. I don't have a RAZR HD so I'm focused on current devices I got right now.

#160 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@originaldobo
  • Google+:dobo122884
  • LocationLakeland F.L
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Unless we can raise some money to get matt the device to develop, its always easier if you have the device to test on

Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users