Photo

NEED HELP GETTING FROM WHERE IM AT (ICS LEAK) TO STOCK AND 246 OFFICIAL ICS UPDATE!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

I am a complete noob the only reason i even have my bionic rooted is cuz i met this dude in the military and he did it for me. Now we both moved on and i am totally cluesless on how to do this...well not totally.
The files i have downloaded:

Well i downloaded everything off of obsidians page. And i also backed up every file from my internal and my sd onto a computer.

My questions are...

1. After i get back to 5.9 following this step by step instruction how do i update to 6.7.

2. Now do i just regularly download the official ics (im also wondering if this is what you guys are reffering to the 246 ics).

3. Then how do i install safestrap and flash new roms

4. What are the best roms out there for me to check out. Ive been running rag3 for several months now and i also heard that eclipse ics and icaris hd are 2 good ones. Do you guys recommend these and what else is pretty good.

5. Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

If your phone is working try finding hashcode on twitter. His blog hash of codes is listed at the top. Read about using safestrap 3, it is a great tool! With that you can try different roms our great devs have created. :)

Maybe a Bionic user would be best for info, mine's a razr.

#3 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

If your phone is working try finding hashcode on twitter. His blog hash of codes is listed at the top. Read about using safestrap 3, it is a great tool! With that you can try different roms our great devs have created. :)

yes but how do i start this whole process. i need to get from ics leak to stock and then i intend to upgrade via verizon to get to the official 246 ics. but i need step by step instructions since ive never done this b4

#4 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Matt, do you have a tool for the bionic?

I believe Obsidian has everything there. The original firmware in a zip file to get you back to stock in stock recovery. Then the over the air should update you from there to most current. Like I said I'm a razr guy, but the principles are the same.

Are you on the 5.9.905 version now?

#5 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

There is a full fxz out for 246. I would just grab up rsd lite and flash the fxz. Search youtube for some great rsd lite tutorials. You can come back after and discuss flashing roms if you decide to root again after the fxz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • hectorlumbago likes this

#6 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Matt, do you have a tool for the bionic?

I believe Obsidian has everything there. The original firmware in a zip file to get you back to stock in stock recovery. Then the over the air should update you from there to most current. Like I said I'm a razr guy, but the principles are the same.

Are you on the 5.9.905 version now?

ya i already downloaded all obsidians files i need. i just need someone to give me a step by step instructions so i dont end up bricking my phone.

#7 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

YouTube is gear for this. Unzip the fxz file to your desktop, open rsd, point it to the unzipped file in the folder on your desktop, put your Bionic in AP Fastboot mode by powering on while holding both volume buttons then selecting FastBoot, plug Bionic in computer, run red lite after it recognizes Bionic
This will erase everything but sd card and put it back to stock
Root with RAZR edge

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users