• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Posted Image

From the XMBC team, "...we’re all excited to say that we are finally ready to release the very first beta of XBMC for Android."

I've been looking for some reasonably easy setup and affordable (read free) options to stream media to my television. I have a "V" television with internet apps. the apps just don't measure up to other options. the interface can be hard to manage or plain unusable.

I always liked using the XBox 360 as a media extender, but I sold mine some time back; too much time playing games, not enough honing my guitar chops.

Enter XMBC. While it's nothing new in terms of the software itself (it's actually been around for many years now), the developers have finally made it accessible from most "...fairly modern Android phone, tablet, or other device(s)..."

Easy installation form a 49 MB download available

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and quick setup make this a viable option for running a media streamer at home or even on the go.

I have yet to test it out on the network at home, but so far my Droid Bionic is handling it fine. For am incomplete list of current compatibilities see

source:

#2 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

my big question is what can i do to get all my movies that im running on my computer thats wired in to my comp to run on my phone thats wifi. im trying to think of a way to pick up my ip address so i can get all my stuff on my phone? i have xmbc on my comp which is hooked to my tv so i watch all my movies on there. any suggestions? otherwise ill keep looking into it. thanks

#3 Spirotot

Spirotot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:Spirotot

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Can't seem to get any addons to install... Hm. :(

#4 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Can't seem to get any addons to install... Hm.

1channel is working perfectly for me. Used the same .zip file that i used on my windows machine.Edit: I did have to close and reopen after installing the add-on for it to show.

Sent from Razr Maxx running Koa cm10

#5 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I still haven't had a lot of time to dink around with it myself. I may have time to try and experiment with streaming content from my computer and using the HD output of my phone to the TV. That really was the big draw for me. But I won't be able to play until this weekend.

#6 lightsword

lightsword

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 VZW

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Try a DLNA server program on your computer, and a DLNA client on your phone/TV/streaming system. I'm using PS3 Media Server

to stream all my content to a DLNA client I have hooked to my TV. I'm going hard core with a full blown Linux server to store all my files and stream my videos. Next i'm going to build a HTPC (home theater pc) to take the place of my streaming client. If you have any questions about this, feel free to message me. Have fun guys!

#7 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys... If ou need help with this come visit xbmcandroid.com. Note... Not a replacement for droidrzr.com, but they have XBMC nightlie DEVS there and they are connect to Xbmchub.com... So for those the know, it is good folks to visit for XBMC help.

PS. XBMC installed on your phone and your computer will allow you to share content with ease over wifi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users