214 replies to this topic

#181 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Try moving the files in the DCIM folders (/sdcard/DCIM and /sdcard-ext/DCIM) off the device and then reboot.

This has fixed FC issues in the past.

#182 adroid_phan

adroid_phan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi, just wanted to report that I've seen something odd happen with my display shutting down and having a faint flicker when I am turning it off or when I turn it back on immediately after hitting the power button. Has anyone else experienced this so far with their nightlies? I am running today's nightly. Thanks for the feedback.

-AP

#183 Ligor

Ligor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

It looks like the gapps link isn't working for me at the moment. Could anyone confirm or deny?

#184 bookbean

bookbean

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Samsung Gal Note 10.1,GalS5 SM-G900VZKAVZW

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

I am a newbie here, still looking to flash my first rom. I have the Razr Maxx running 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US. on JB 4.1.2. Does this mean that I can not yet install this rom?

Thanks for helping a new rooter.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YeLcxY9.jpg[/IMG]

#185 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I am a newbie here, still looking to flash my first rom. I have the Razr Maxx running 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US. on JB 4.1.2. Does this mean that I can not yet install this rom?

Thanks for helping a new rooter.

With Safestrap 3.11 installed you can flash this. If you aren't familiar with the ROM Slots yet, you'll see them once you start looking around in Safestrap :)

There are essentially two different kinds of ROMs you will run into. Those based on a stock kernel which has specific requirements for which official version from Motorola you must start off on, and those based on 'kexec'. ROMs based on kexec (an exploit pulled off by Hashcode that many thought was impossible) should work with any official [stock] Motorola version. It is still however best common practice to stay on the latest stock version that has been tested in order to minimize variables for the devs to debug :).

While it isn't called out clearly in the title, CM10.1 builds are all kexec based now I believe. That means our awesome devs can continue to polish things up whenever they feel like giving it the time without worrying about their work being obsoleted by a new official update :)

#186 bookbean

bookbean

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Samsung Gal Note 10.1,GalS5 SM-G900VZKAVZW

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thank you for the guidance. I am just trying to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row before I give this a first try.

So far I have learned the following:

1. Backup, backup, backup
2. For my device, which is XT-912 on the official JB OTA, I need to use roms that are designed
to work with CDMA and .16
3. Perform all Dev recommended wipes.
4. Ensure that device is sufficiently charged
5. Be patient during first boot.
6. Wait for the wife to come home first so that she cannot complain that she couldn't reach me.

Did I miss anything?:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YeLcxY9.jpg[/IMG]

#187 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

So dealing with the nightly ROMs. I had the March 28th ROM (I believe that's the one I had) and everything except the battery life was great. Then I got the 6 April ROM and the battery was wonderful but the only thing I noticed was that the bluetooth didn't want to turn on. Trying out the 8 April nightly and I'll let you all know how it is.

UPDATE: Looks like Bluetooth is working on the 9 Apr ROM.

#188 kdivine981

kdivine981

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

UPDATE: Looks like Bluetooth is working on the 9 Apr ROM.

Speaker phone too? I'm on 4/02 and still have issues with this...

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

• justaguy86 likes this

#189 incoehoots

incoehoots

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:incoehoots
  • LocationKY

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

is it okay to use this with safestrap 2?
also is this a good rom to go to if I don't plan on moving to the JB kernel? TIA

#190 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Speaker phone too? I'm on 4/02 and still have issues with this...

Speaker phone was working on 4/04. Haven't tried on 4/09 but will keep you posted
Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#191 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

is it okay to use this with safestrap 2?
also is this a good rom to go to if I don't plan on moving to the JB kernel? TIA

1st off, amazing ROM for JB on ICS build.
2nd, I believe the oldest safe strap recommended is 3.01

#192 drblackjesus2

drblackjesus2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I don't know if it's just the GAPPS I downloaded, but wifi won't turn on. Someone tell me if they're having the same prob. Even without it though, this is a GREAT rom, thank you!

Attached Files

#193 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

I don't know if it's just the GAPPS I downloaded, but wifi won't turn on. Someone tell me if they're having the same prob. Even without it though, this is a GREAT rom, thank you!

My WiFi on 04/08 build isn't working either. I don't think it has anything to do with gapps though.

#194 iaminflames

iaminflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFindlay OH
  • Current Device(s):DROIDX, RAZR Maxx

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

My WiFi on 04/09 build isn't working either. I don't think it has anything to do with gapps though.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
WiFi works fine on my 04/09 build.

#195 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
WiFi works fine on my 04/09 build.

Weird

#196 justaguy86

justaguy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

UPDATE on Bluetooth and WiFi issue on 04/08 build. I reflashed the ROM and things work great now. Maybe I didn't wipe the system correctly the first time but it works now so if you have issues try reflashing and wiping cache, davlik, do factory reset and system wipe. Worked for me.

#197 chandlertso

chandlertso

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hello, for some reason my volume is not working, anyone have any ideas why or how to fix it?

#198 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hello, for some reason my volume is not working, anyone have any ideas why or how to fix it?

If you are speaking of the volume not being loud enough then i I am having the same issue..4-20 nightly build. everything else seems to be working, 

#199 chandlertso

chandlertso

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

If you are speaking of the volume not being loud enough then i I am having the same issue..4-20 nightly build. everything else seems to be working, 

any way to fix this? should i go back to a newer or older build? and also my bluetooth isnt working, anything to do for that either?

#200 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

any way to fix this? should i go back to a newer or older build? and also my bluetooth isn't working, anything to do for that either?

20130422 Nightly has fixed this problem, sound is working fine on mine now, as is WIFI . i haven't had to use bluetooth, so i have not checked it. everything else seems to work fine. loving this rom...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users