• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#121 raw57

raw57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

The set to Vibrate worked for me I am going to try putting Zedge on it and see if I use a custom ringtone if that will resolve the black screen call problem. Has anyone else tried that yet?

Any luck with Zedge?

#122 jumpin69

jumpin69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Any luck with Zedge?

Ok interesting thing with this issue. Zedge does work but it takes a couple seconds for the screen to answer the phone to show. But it does show, I did get a message saying that Phone Activity was not responding the second time but I said to WAIT and it the answer screen came up. I hope this information helps to resolve the problem I just wish that I was able to help more. Let me know if there is anything that I can to help with testing.

Also if the phone is locked it works with Zedge but again it takes a few and then you might be a message about Phone Activity not responding. Tell it to wait and you will get the ability to answer the phone.

Edited by jumpin69, 19 December 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#123 chris8284

chris8284

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

I have also found a similar issue concerning the alarm function. When the alarm goes off the screen will go black and you are not able to turn it off. However, using a third party app works just fine.

#124 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Man as soon as hashcode gets BT up, i'm all over this. great work guys.

#125 droid4life

droid4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID Razr XT912, Samsung Nexus 10, ASUS Nexus 7 all with CM 10.1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

This is going to be a bad gluteus maximus rom. Isn't crazy how impatient some of us are. I remember installing jb cm10 when it was still in early stages just to have the newer ui. Im going to relax this time as I am still in love with 4.1.2 it runs smooth and my phone looks better than most of the people around me with their androids. Maybe except the Nexus 4. Thanks hashcode and dhacker.

#126 strohj

strohj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:johannstroh

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

This rom is almost ready for a daily use!! MMS send doesnt work yet though from what I could tell

#127 Burdzy

Burdzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

This rom is almost ready for a daily use!! MMS send doesnt work yet though from what I could tell

MMS didn't work properly in CM10 (android 4.1.2) as well. If you use GoSMS that can both send and recieve MMS messages.

The "call black screen" issue doesn't seem to appear to limited to just phone calls, but rather more related to audio within apps. I have a simliar "hang" issue in the game "Bike Race", where the game will just freeze after a couple of seconds. if I turn off Music and sound effects in the game, it's play with no problems. I took a a couple of catlogs, and think I have traced it back to the following error:

12-20 13:49:08.544 E/WVMExtractor( 383): IsWidevineMedia not found in libwvm.so

I took a catlog of a phone call while on vibrate only, no ring tone, and did not find that error in the log and was able to take the call. I then did a couple of catlog's with a ringtone, and found that error message in the catlog. I then took a catlog while trying to play "bike race" with music effects on, and that error message appeared again. I did not have the error message in the catlog of Bike Race when I turned off the music/sounds effects.

I can upload the logs if it would be helpful!

I love this rom though! Great job as always HashCode! Can't wait to see what else you can do with it!!

#128 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

MMS didn't work properly in CM10 (android 4.1.2) as well. If you use GoSMS that can both send and recieve MMS messages.

The "call black screen" issue doesn't seem to appear to limited to just phone calls, but rather more related to audio within apps. I have a simliar "hang" issue in the game "Bike Race", where the game will just freeze after a couple of seconds. if I turn off Music and sound effects in the game, it's play with no problems. I took a a couple of catlogs, and think I have traced it back to the following error:

I took a catlog of a phone call while on vibrate only, no ring tone, and did not find that error in the log and was able to take the call. I then did a couple of catlog's with a ringtone, and found that error message in the catlog. I then took a catlog while trying to play "bike race" with music effects on, and that error message appeared again. I did not have the error message in the catlog of Bike Race when I turned off the music/sounds effects.

I love this rom though! Great job as always HashCode! Can't wait to see what else you can do with it!!

You should pass those catlog's on to Hashcode. He said he was looking into it, and this might help him.

#129 strohj

strohj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:johannstroh

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

MMS send in GoSMS gives me a unknown address error.. receive MMS works perfectly though in both stock SMS and GO SMS

#130 cameyboi

cameyboi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:cameyboi
  • Google+:cameyboi@gmail.com
  • Locationdracut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

This rom is now my daily driver! It's so good! I love it! Can't wait for this to be merged with AOKP, hopefully it will be.

If you turn you ringtone to silent and vibrate, you will be able to receive calls without a problem, you just can't hear your phone ringing.
The alarm black screen is a total improvement, now I actually have to wake up so I can figure out how the hell to turn off the damn rooster!

Cannot wait for the bluetooth fix! That's how I listen to all my music. That's the only thing I care about!

#131 sweetmeroy

sweetmeroy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

There is another serious problem. Once I play some games, the app freezes and does not respond. The screen looks normal. But in the CM10 roms, they just work fine.
How did this happen?

#132 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Working great so far for me on the build from the 17th.
For me Bluetooth is really the only thing that bothers me about this.

Is bluetooth a kernel issue? I can provide a logcat of what happens when I try to turn on BT if it would help out hashcode/dhacker.

From what I saw when reading the logs it could not start/find the BT service?
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#133 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Working great so far for me on the build from the 17th.
For me Bluetooth is really the only thing that bothers me about this.

Is bluetooth a kernel issue? I can provide a logcat of what happens when I try to turn on BT if it would help out hashcode/dhacker.

From what I saw when reading the logs it could not start/find the BT service?

all of the issues are kernel issues, these ROMs are simply not made for our phones

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#134 atwalker

atwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Probably hasn't been said enough but thank you Hashcode and Dhacker for all your hard work. It's nice to have battery life and functionality again.

I notice however when I run stock GB that I get good signal strength. When I run the CM10 stock 12/17 build I am barely getting any signal. Is this a known bug that is being worked on (I'll be patient if it is) or is it just me? Does anyone know of a work around for this? I installed this cleanly, wiped cache and fixed permissions.

#135 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Probably hasn't been said enough but thank you Hashcode and Dhacker for all your hard work. It's nice to have battery life and functionality again.

I notice however when I run stock GB that I get good signal strength. When I run the CM10 stock 12/17 build I am barely getting any signal. Is this a known bug that is being worked on (I'll be patient if it is) or is it just me? Does anyone know of a work around for this? I installed this cleanly, wiped cache and fixed permissions.

If you are referring to the bars, ICS and jb read differently than GB. You can't trust the bars. Go by db strength

#136 GBpfan95

GBpfan95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

will the accidental release of the official 4.1.2 build make this rom much better (and worked on faster)?

#137 Pvtcarnage

Pvtcarnage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razr

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

it should but the thing is that i think he will need to make a new safestrap and the problem was the kernal. so now bt and all the other problems should work, if any devs need a system pull feel free to message me as i have one.

#138 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hey all, I've tried flashing this a few times to my XT912, but past the recovery screen is only a black screen, and it never boots...any idea of what could be causing this? I looked through this thread but may have completely missed someone else having this issue. Thanks in advance!
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#139 adroid_phan

adroid_phan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

How's everyone doing? Do any of you know if there is a website to track the progress of this ROM? I am curious to see how things are going. I am just anxious to get it on my phone! Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

-AP

#140 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

ROM updated in the OP for ICS KERNEL users:

Some audio fixes to eliminate the annoying black screen that happens sometimes, and other stuffs.
  • adroid_phan and lifeisgood like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users