Photo

CM10 UNOFFICIAL (BETA) for Droid Razr M (XT907) - Consumer and Developer Edition

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#141 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ya that's probably it, I'll redownload it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I downloaded the new AOSP rom and got error code 7. 

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#142 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

I downloaded the new AOSP rom and got error code 7. 

Yea I've download it on my phone, desktop, and slate pc and all get error 7.

#143 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Just found the original post

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I left a comment telling him about the problem

#144 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

They fixed it

just tried this on my xt907 and got the fail also. it fails the ro.product.device assertion.
here is the the xt907 version with the asserts removed from the updater-script:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Hope this is ok

• RikRong likes this

#145 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

Started running Mic's latest build, and I'll have to say it's the best version of CM10 I've had on the phone so far.  Good work. 

• Noigel and RandumAccess like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#146 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

idk what the problem is but ive tried to flash this to my phone multiple times, everything seems to be successful i wipe and flash just like i would with any other rom once i install and reboot i get the Cyanogenmod boot screen and it just continues to try to boot up i waited today for literally 30 minutes it still didnt start up so i said F it, did a soft reset went back into safestrap wiped and flashed my old rom back and booted up no problem..i do understand that the Cyanogenmod first boot up tends to take longer then other roms but 30 mins with no luck just doesnt seem right to me...any idea what the problem could be? am i missing something? not being patient enough? ive had no issue with any other rom but this one, and from what ive heard and seen Cyanogenmod seems to be the way to go, any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Just curious to know if you ever got an answer. You are grabbing the SafeStrap version and not the version meant to be flashed in a unlocked boot loader using a full custom recovery like TWRP/CWM? Curious to know if this might be your issue? I'm unlocked, so I'm not using SafeStrap.

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#147 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just curious to know if you ever got an answer. You are grabbing the SafeStrap version and not the version meant to be flashed in a unlocked boot loader using a full custom recovery like TWRP/CWM? Curious to know if this might be your issue? I'm unlocked, so I'm not using SafeStrap.

Honestly, I wouldn't even touch the original versions posted in the OP.  mic213 has posted several updates to this in the last few pages.  The last build seems to be 100% bug free and highly customizable.

• nprevette420 and motoroid7 like this

#148 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Just curious to know if you ever got an answer. You are grabbing the SafeStrap version and not the version meant to be flashed in a unlocked boot loader using a full custom recovery like TWRP/CWM? Curious To know if this might be your issue? I'm unlocked, so I'm not using SafeStrap.

He did get it fixed, i helped him. See post from may 13th
  • motoroid7 likes this

#149 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't even touch the original versions posted in the OP.  mic213 has posted several updates to this in the last few pages.  The last build seems to be 100% bug free and highly customizable.

I don't even think the original links work. ;) I had to scroll through the thread until I found his post where he linked to the updated file when I originally wanted to flash this.I try to go with the latest updates if I can anyways... they usually have things I want fixed. Though I'm holding off on 10.1. It seems there are a good number of issues going on to keep people from having it as a daily driver.

Also, anyone else having issues with Bluetooth in the latest version of this? It seems to connect to my headset but doesn't manage to push audio to it for even calls. I have it selected during the phone call too. My headset is Motorola S-10 HD.

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#150 IanK

IanK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Also, anyone else having issues with Bluetooth in the latest version of this? It seems to connect to my headset but doesn't manage to push audio to it for even calls. I have it selected during the phone call too. My headset is Motorola S-10 HD.

In my experience any rendition of CM has Bluetooth issues as it relates to the Razr M. I have a Bluetooth speaker I like to stream to and it has never worked properly with CM.

#151 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

In my experience any rendition of CM has Bluetooth issues as it relates to the Razr M. I have a Bluetooth speaker I like to stream to and it has never worked properly with CM.

Yea I think blue tooth music streaming and wifi direct are the only 2 things that aren't working in the current cm10 build.

#152 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

I haven't tried anything BT yet.  I rarely use it, usually only to transfer files between the computer and the phone.  I'll try it out tomorrow and see what happens.  On Trippin' Bean, BT wouldn't work for me at all but that's because it was a CM build designed to work in SS.  CM builds don't get along well with the stock ROM as a base.  

#153 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hey Mic, wondering if there wil be an update soon? Just wondering cause it has been a while.

And DevHost is down does anyone have a mirror for the most recent CM10 please? The 5-9-13 build

• mic213 likes this

#154 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

I think everyone's been leaning on cm10.1 here lately it's already DD material

• neckchop likes this

#155 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I think everyone's been leaning on cm10.1 here lately it's already DD material

Yeah man i am on cm10.1 and i really like it but i need better battery life. With my new job i need my battery to last longer. So i want to go back to cm10 unless someone can tell me how to get more hours out of cm10.1

#156 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think dhacker complied a new build yesterday that has a new kernel in it suppose to be really good not sure on batt life though

#157 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Cm10 and 10.1 will never have the battery life of a stock based rom. It's a tough choice between customizable, no bloat, newest software vs battery stability. If it's any consolation I've found cm10.1 charges faster than stock. So it will go from 50% to 90% in like 15 or 20 min on a wall or car charger.

#158 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Cm10 and 10.1 will never have the battery life of a stock based rom. It's a tough choice between customizable, no bloat, newest software vs battery stability. If it's any consolation I've found cm10.1 charges faster than stock. So it will go from 50% to 90% in like 15 or 20 min on a wall or car charger.

That doesn't sound like it's getting the right charge if it's doing that software shouldn't affect how fast it charges the amp rating of the charger should affect that I could be wrong though

#159 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

That doesn't sound like it's getting the right charge if it's doing that software shouldn't affect how fast it charges the amp rating of the charger should affect that I could be wrong though

I agree, charging rate should be handled by the chip on the battery not the phone. But ya if it's not reading the chip right it's not really knowing what is going on. I wonder if you run it all the way down till it dies if it sits at 1% for 5 hours lol

#160 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Haha it might it would be something funny to show to your friends lol