[Rom][Cdma][Cm10][4.2.1] Bdh Rom 1.0 (12/19/2012)

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#141 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

No updates!?

Hicks, your the man for this ROM but I NEEDS to answer my phone with the Ringtone working for various reasons. All I can do is respect your Decision. Thanks.

Soooo With that being Said....Any other Note Worthy ROMS you Guys Recommend?

Most off the 4.1 jelly bean roms are running pretty good these days. I'm running full throttle AOKP on one rom slot and wizzed bean on another. Also ix KOA still available? A great stable and fast rom by big daddy hicks

#142 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm confused. I searched all over for a post explaining why, but no luck. Anyone got a link?

BDH, Idk why, but I still support ya 100%
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#143 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

A big part of the reason there will be no more updates, is because for some reason I absolutely cannot get Wifi drivers for Linux installed on my system. The second reason there will be no more updates is because this is just flat out not fun anymore. It used to be. I used to love have a few hours in my day to sit around and just do whatever I wanted to my phone, now I could care less.

There have been some issues on here, that can't be discussed on here that have also contributed to no more ROMs being built from me. I will ask the Mods to unlock my KOA thread because that build is extremely stable and can be used as a daily driver.

But I'm asking any Mod or Admin right now, to lock/delete this thread. It will not be updated.

#144 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sorry to hear that.

#145 Kwazzy

Kwazzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

A big part of the reason there will be no more updates, is because for some reason I absolutely cannot get Wifi drivers for Linux installed on my system. The second reason there will be no more updates is because this is just flat out not fun anymore. It used to be. I used to love have a few hours in my day to sit around and just do whatever I wanted to my phone, now I could care less.

There have been some issues on here, that can't be discussed on here that have also contributed to no more ROMs being built from me. I will ask the Mods to unlock my KOA thread because that build is extremely stable and can be used as a daily driver.

But I'm asking any Mod or Admin right now, to lock/delete this thread. It will not be updated.

Well that's understandable :)

Thanks for the time you DID put in!! You're still a badass BDH! And I look forward to trying out KOA, going on deployment in 3 weeks and need myself an EXTREMELY stable ROM for it!
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#146 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Well that's understandable :)

Thanks for the time you DID put in!! You're still a badass BDH! And I look forward to trying out KOA, going on deployment in 3 weeks and need myself an EXTREMELY stable ROM for it!

Service member to service member, stay safe over there man.

#147 roxylove

roxylove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

This rom is amazing. Very fast, camera is awesome, lockscreen is sweet. But, honestly, I don't see how people can use this by having the have their ringtone on vibrate all the time. I mean, it's just not functional. If it's not, the entire phone freezes up and we have to do a manual reboot....that is just not worth it to me. Does anyone have any suggestions that will allow me to "hear" a phone call without just having to listen for a vibrating noise?

#148 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Sorry to hear that BDH, I continue to enjoy KOA resurrection. Thanks for your past work. You should definitely only do this if you enjoy it since you're doing it for free

#149 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

This rom is amazing. Very fast, camera is awesome, lockscreen is sweet. But, honestly, I don't see how people can use this by having the have their ringtone on vibrate all the time. I mean, it's just not functional. If it's not, the entire phone freezes up and we have to do a manual reboot....that is just not worth it to me. Does anyone have any suggestions that will allow me to "hear" a phone call without just having to listen for a vibrating noise?

ROMs like these are always a WIP or Work In Progress. People flash them because "usually" the main functions of a cell phone work, and they can deal with that until stuff starts getting fixed.

If the bugs that are presently with this ROM, are a deal breaker for you. Then you may want to stay away from any 4.2.1 ROMs as they will all have the same bugs. 4.1 builds and the ICS builds (even though they're not supported much anymore) are extremely stable.

#150 rml596

rml596

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hicks will you periodically update KOA with minor bug fixes?

#151 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hicks will you periodically update KOA with minor bug fixes?

KOA is about as updated as it can be right now and it doesn't seem like the source is getting updated anymore. I may do some of my own changes to it but I'm honestly not sure when.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk for iOS 6

#152 Psudeke

Psudeke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912, OG Kindle Fire

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Sorry to lose you Hicks. I was running KOA for a while before and it was solid. Was looking forward to giving this a spin but couldn't get it to fully download in the limited time I had to try (wifi issue on my end). Anyway keep safe and always remember that there are many non-service members who both admire and appreciate what you guys do. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Posted from along the edge of a straight Razr

#153 lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+:lfeqlbrm.dc
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Poor performance for me. Laggy, wouldn't let me answer calls, had to do a "battery pull" sorry, still needs work.

#154 roxylove

roxylove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Poor performance for me. Laggy, wouldn't let me answer calls, had to do a "battery pull" sorry, still needs work.

Dude.... Did you even read the OP?
  • lightsword likes this

#155 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

This is exactly why we lose developers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • lightsword likes this

#156 droidrazrkid

droidrazrkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

download link says error

#157 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I thought this topic was locked.

#158 droidrazrkid

droidrazrkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

y would it be locked ?

#159 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Never mind, BDH probably requested it unlocked again

#160 Guest_razr_user12_*

Guest_razr_user12_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

He moved all his stuff to http://www.rom-spot.com/index.php I just now found out.

Sorry to lose you Hicks. I was running KOA for a while before and it was solid. Was looking forward to giving this a spin but couldn't get it to fully download in the limited time I had to try (wifi issue on my end). Anyway keep safe and always remember that there are many non-service members who both admire and appreciate what you guys do. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Posted from along the edge of a straight Razr

download link says error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users