#81 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Wait I'm confused I thought incoming call issue was fixed? What's the issue with Bluetooth, is that a separate issue?

sent from my icy Bionic

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#82 rcolddroid

rcolddroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Wait I'm confused I thought incoming call issue was fixed? What's the issue with Bluetooth, is that a separate issue?

sent from my icy Bionic

different people seem to have different experiences with the latest build. I posted my experience with some detail so Hashcode would be aware of possible problems or if I am doing something wrong, he or someone else could set me straight.. He did say there were still some audio problems to be resolved. I use Bluetooth all the time so I always test with it and it may have caused the no audio problem as then trying to listen on phone or speaker with Bluetooth disconnected didn't work either. Goggle has a ton of bug reports concerning Bluetooth connectivity and audio problems at this time. I'm betting that Hashcode will have them fixed before Goggle does :) !

#83 fun4stuff

fun4stuff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

different people seem to have different experiences with the latest build. I posted my experience with some detail so Hashcode would be aware of possible problems or if I am doing something wrong, he or someone else could set me straight.. He did say there were still some audio problems to be resolved. I use Bluetooth all the time so I always test with it and it may have caused the no audio problem as then trying to listen on phone or speaker with Bluetooth disconnected didn't work either. Goggle has a ton of bug reports concerning Bluetooth connectivity and audio problems at this time. I'm betting that Hashcode will have them fixed before Goggle does :) !

When bluetooth is enabled, the other person cannot hear me. When I disabled it, they can hear me again. So maybe the bluetooth bug was referring to something else? This bug as of yet, has not been corrected. Awesome ROM otherwise though.

#84 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

OP updated with 01/18 build:

DOWNLOAD:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

GAPPS:

(Use CM10.1 - 4.2.1 version at the top)

WHAT'S WORKING:
  • [01/18]Incoming phone call bug fixed

Working great, thanks Hash:)
I still prefer using the EOS Xoom gapps, there is a 1/5 build, l'll post a link, below:

Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#85 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Working great, thanks Hash:)
I still prefer using the EOS Xoom gapps, there is a 1/5 build, l'll post a link, below:

Why the preference on the Xoom gapps? Just curious.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

• Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#86 zebinadams

zebinadams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationProvo, UT
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, NI Adam

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I figured out my problem... For some reason, I was thinking that my stock slot was slot 1... Yeah, my phone didn't like that. It was a fun night fxz'ing a few times until I finally figured out what my problem was. But I'm up and running now! I'm really liking it for now. I haven't received made any calls yet though, so we'll see how that works for me later

#87 fun4stuff

fun4stuff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Does the 'torch' button on the drop down 'quick settings panel' work for anyone?

#88 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Does the 'torch' button on the drop down 'quick settings panel' work for anyone?

it doesn't if you have opened the default camera app in my experiences. A reboot in such a case allows it to function again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#89 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

This ROM is working well for me. I don't use Bluetooth at all, so not an issue for me. Otherwise, this is a solid daily driver for me. Thanks!
  • unchoney likes this

#90 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Why the preference on the Xoom gapps? Just curious.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

The 4.2.1 gapps are to neon devices which does not include the Bionic and Xoom. The EOS gapps are for non neon devices and work well on the Xoom running an experimental CM 10.1. And EOS 4. They appear to work well on the Bionic, as well.
Also I believe they are symlinked and take up less space in the system partition. 84MB vs.90MB zipped.
Oh,they work well for me;)
  • milski65 likes this

#91 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The 4.2.1 gapps are to neon devices which does not include the Bionic and Xoom. The EOS gapps are for non neon devices and work well on the Xoom running an experimental CM 10.1. And EOS 4. They appear to work well on the Bionic, as well.
Also I believe they are symlinked and take up less space in the system partition. 84MB vs.90MB zipped.
Oh,they work well for me;)

What, specifically, is the difference?

#92 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

They work better;)

#93 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sound issues are still present: Google Maps/Navigation loses turn by turn voice instructions. :( Otherwise, still good ROM

#94 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

@Alldroid33

the bionic does have neon. you can verify this by opening /proc/cpuinfo in a text editor and check the features line. cvpcs posted how to check this when he compiled vlc pre-alpha awhile back:

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and Aldroid33 like this

#95 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

@Alldroid33

the bionic does have neon. you can verify this by opening /proc/cpuinfo in a text editor and check the features line. cvpcs posted how to check this when he compiled vlc pre-alpha awhile back:

Well, it appears you are correct. I had thought that because the Xoom and Bionic share the same Armv7 processor, and knowing that the Xoom was a non neon device, that the Bionic was non-neon, as well.
That opens the door to a whole variaty of gapps to try. :)

#96 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

They take up less space, as stated above. They have been working well on both Xoom and Bionic. However, I was incorrect about the Bionic being a non-neon device, as pointed out by mhouse33 in his post above. So the goo.im CM10.1 gapps should work well:)

#97 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

OP updated with 01/18 build:

DOWNLOAD:

GAPPS:

(Use CM10.1 - 4.2.1 version at the top)

WHAT'S WORKING:
  • [01/18]Incoming phone call bug fixed

Thanks Hascode for getting our Bionics to the cutting edge. The ROM works great, almost a DD. Two things that I noticed:1. the JB 4.2 Camera not working, been using Zoom Camera and Pudding Camera from the market.
2. While we get incoming calls now when the Lockescreen is on and blue tooth works for media, when connected to bluetooth can't hear calls and those on the other side of the call can't hear us. Phone works when the blutooth is disabled, even during a call. This creates a problem for handsfree calling with wireless headphones or while driving using a bluetooth connection. This is the case regardless of which gapps I have been using, including the goo.Im gapps for 10.1 as posted in the OP.

Thanks, looking forward to your next iteration. Keep up the great work :)

#98 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Pudding camera would be cool if I could get it to work; I get constant freezes with it and no front facing action at all.
Zoom is the most fully working option I've tried as the only thing not working is front facing video. It even integrates with stock gallery, which no others do afaik. The problem with it though is the butt ugly ui.

#99 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Did folks have to start with a newly minted slot 1 or can this be installed in an existing slot 1 (I.e. I would move Icarus to slot 2)?

sent from my icy Bionic

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#100 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Did folks have to start with a newly minted slot 1 or can this be installed in an existing slot 1 (I.e. I would move Icarus to slot 2)?

sent from my icy Bionic

I personally started fresh, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users