9 replies to this topic

#1 p.razr

p.razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I bought a Razr HD from ebay for $230. It stated clearly that while charging there is a solid green light. He sold it as repair/parts and since I'm on an unlimated plan and I love my Razr Maxx, I thought what the heck.

I have google searched, gone on MOTO site and VZW site and I have done every possible power button configuration with the vol up and vol down. I was not roming and don't know if previous owner was. I don't know if previous owner was getting JB on a low battery.

So my question is, on a situation like this, is it worth getting the factory cable? Does the factory cable revive it or is it just to rom? According to VZW the reason to press those power button configuration is to bring it to a boot loader type of screen.

Advice in regards to the cable is appreciated.

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

It almost sounds as if he tried to take the jb update and did not have enough battery. If the charging light is coming on then something is working and you can almost assume its not a water damage issue. A factory cable would be a great idea for trying to fxz the phone assuming the jb fxz is out for the device. The factory cable will let you do this no matter what the battery charge level is. I saw that you tried some button configs. Where you able to get into fastboot?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#3 p.razr

p.razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

It almost sounds as if he tried to take the jb update and did not have enough battery. If the charging light is coming on then something is working and you can almost assume its not a water damage issue. A factory cable would be a great idea for trying to fxz the phone assuming the jb fxz is out for the device. The factory cable will let you do this no matter what the battery charge level is. I saw that you tried some button configs. Where you able to get into fastboot?

No it didn't. The strange part was that while I had it plugged to the charger, when i pressed power+vol down the solid green light went away, but as soon as I let go the solid green light would blink twice and stay on.

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

What I would do (if you haven't tried yet) is unplug the device. Press and hold both vol buttons and the power button down for a little over 10 seconds. Then release and press and hold all 3 down again and see if the boot loader menu pops up.

#5 p.razr

p.razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I just tried that, had not tried before, and nothing.

#6 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

press and hold all 3 for 8-10 secs,no need to let up and repress

#7 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

hold power button fo 10 secs and see if it turns on or off

#8 p.razr

p.razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

hold power button fo 10 secs and see if it turns on or off

I've tried both of your suggestions and nothing. Found the cable for $6 and it turns out the sellar lives a city away from me. Will have to wait to get the cable. Thanks though.

#9 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

np,the factory cable allows you to operate phone with dead battery,for programming or operating but will not charge phone,just letting you know

#10 p.razr

p.razr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I am aware of that. Thanks. I'm taking a chance to see if this has to do with JB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users