27 replies to this topic

#21 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I purchased the official motorola navigation dock and it charges your phone and sends audio through the usb cable. I use Power Amp, Pandora and even Youtube to send audio through the usb cable and it pumps the sound through my system. There is no special rom needed, its baked into the Motoral based ICS roms. I have used the stock rom, Eclipse and currently on ArticHD and had no problems. I have flashed JB roms and this functionality is lost with all 3 that I have tried so I guess I have to wait for a moto based JB rom to get this functionality back.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Is audio sent from USB cable pulged into phone and head unit or through Bluetooth?

#22 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I purchased the official motorola navigation dock and it charges your phone and sends audio through the usb cable. I use Power Amp, Pandora and even Youtube to send audio through the usb cable and it pumps the sound through my system. There is no special rom needed, its baked into the Motoral based ICS roms. I have used the stock rom, Eclipse and currently on ArticHD and had no problems. I have flashed JB roms and this functionality is lost with all 3 that I have tried so I guess I have to wait for a moto based JB rom to get this functionality back.

If I see that correctly, the audio still goes to a 3.5mm jack to the head unit but only connects to the razr's USB. Interesting. That's almost what I want. I wanted to see if there was a single cable solution that only used the USB port and not the 3.5mm jack on my stereo.

If I am seeing this wrong please let me know. And I wonder about the jellybean support. Other RAZR lines have gotten jb. I think that jb based ROMs for the RAZR aren't based off moto code, and that's why some things are still broken in the version I use.. But if I will have to see if I can get that cable for less than $50... that may be the best compromise.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#23 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

So, would this work??

If that would work... I could use the heavy charger in my car and still listen to music through the headphone jack... I't would be an acceptable arrangement.

Any thoughts?

#24 cbsweet

cbsweet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:cbsweet

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Is audio sent from USB cable pulged into phone and head unit or through Bluetooth?

audio is sent via the usb cable and it is converted to a 3.5 mm plug. So when you dock the phone there is only one connection to the phone which is the usb cable but the other end is a 3.5 cable and a usb for charging.

#25 cbsweet

cbsweet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

If I see that correctly, the audio still goes to a 3.5mm jack to the head unit but only connects to the razr's USB. Interesting. That's almost what I want. I wanted to see if there was a single cable solution that only used the USB port and not the 3.5mm jack on my stereo.

If I am seeing this wrong please let me know. And I wonder about the jellybean support. Other RAZR lines have gotten jb. I think that jb based ROMs for the RAZR aren't based off moto code, and that's why some things are still broken in the version I use.. But if I will have to see if I can get that cable for less than $50... that may be the best compromise.

I'm not sure if you can actually send audio via the usb to another device, at least with this it converts the signal from the usb and outputs it through the 3.5mm cable.

I believe you are correct, the reason it doesn't work with the jb roms is bc they are based upon motorola code. when jb roms come out based on moto's code it'll work

#26 cbsweet

cbsweet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

So, would this work??

If that would work... I could use the heavy charger in my car and still listen to music through the headphone jack... I't would be an acceptable arrangement.

Any thoughts?

that won't work if you have a maxx. I have the maxx and tried docking it in the regular razr dock and its too small. you have to get the one for the maxx.

#27 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Naa. I have the original Droid RAZR. Thanks for the info!

#28 cbsweet

cbsweet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Naa. I have the original Droid RAZR. Thanks for the info!

No problem. Glad to help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users