• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Not sure if this is going to be a issue for the Rescue squad or if its fine here. Basically my gf dropped her razr m in the water and immediately turned it off. After letting it dry out things were a little weird at first but everything worked itself out except the internal and external speakers. The internal speaker wont work at all. And the external only works with notifications...like it will do ringtones and you can hear the volume up and down just fine ect ect....But when you go to play music from any music player it breaks the external speaker. Now you cant do anything with the external speaker till reboot or you play around with the power/volume up/down buttons.

I did root it and delete some of the apps. Would that have anything to do with it? I have the org razr and basically what i removed from it i removed from the m.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

I tryed a few of the sound apps like aroundsound.

Thanks

#2 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

how deep was the water 1 and 2 how long was it in there.
this could be physical drop damage as well as water damage.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#3 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

It was fully submerged from what i understand(a few inches maybe) and was immediately grabbed out . And i dont think it was dropped far or hard.

I'm going to go to Walmart or a hardware tonight to get the t3 screwdriver. Going to see if something just fell lose. But what i just didn't understand was the fact that when it boots up you can hear the boot-animations audio and you can hear notifications and misc sounds and when you make phone calls you can put it on speaker and it works.. Im almost sure the internal speaker is dead. For now she is using Bluetooth headset to talk to people. Do you think Rsd back to stock ics would help anything?

#4 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I think it would be better to try and get a warrenty replacement or insurance replacement.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#5 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

if it is water damage opening the phone is a very bad idea. as you are nto just breaking seals but if there is water trapped in you can further damage it just by allowing the moisture to get in a bit more.
talk to verizon and moto. they will help you out.

#6 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I can tell you that WalMart will not have the T3. Neither will Lowes or RadioShack. I had to order online from eBay. They just don't really sell anything under T4 in retail stores.
I found a kit with T3-T10 on eBay for $5.
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I dont believe that rsd or any other method of flashing or recovery it going to help that..... Water damage is physical damage and cant be fixed by reparing the software [typically] however, stranger things have happened lol..... Anyway... VK is right... Opening a water damaged phone is a very bad idea anyway but especially if you are going to have a talk with verizon or motorola to see about a replacement.... If they see it has been opened.... They will not [usually] discuss replacement.....

Talk to them first.... Find out your replacement options and go from there..... ... Best of luck :)

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#8 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for everybodys help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users