New Car!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Had to share this with everyone.

Ok so long story short, our old car (2004 Dodge Neon) broke down on us for the 4th time. All three times it cost us about $700 each time it broke down to get it repaired. Neons are not good with transmissions. So since I have bad credit, (556 credit score lol) we thought we were screwed. Low and behold a dealership here on the island likes to work with military service members and cut us a deal........kinda.

We ended up getting a 2003 Acura MDX (SUV). Kind of old but the price was right given the KBB value (Kelly Blue Book). In total we're paying 14,000 for it. KBB value has it around 15,000 and some change. Only 60,000 miles on it, full leather interior, heated seats, heated mirrors, navi, 3rd row seating, alarm, the WORKS!

Here's where we got screwed. Because of my credit score our payments are $518 a month. However, it was being sold "as-is" with no warranty. The bank that was financing us though, told the dealership that since I was a service member, they HAVE to give us a 1 year warranty that covers virtually everything! We traded in our old Neon which we got $500 for, then put down $500 cash and drove away with it.

It's a beauty!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • aktrazer and jbartolovich like this

#2 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Congrats man, thats one sexy looking car ya got there!

Posted Image

#3 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

grats man!
Posted Image

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

who did you steal that from? i bet they're pissed! ;)
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Good looking car. Not a bad price either. I have to pay about $500 a month for a brand new Corolla - including insurance.
I went with brand new because I didn't want to deal with the possibility of it not being well taken care of.
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#6 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Congrats hicks,looks nice

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Dude, I've seen LOST, and there were NO Acura dealerships on that island.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

who did you steal that from? i bet they're pissed! ;)

Lol yeah it's a really nice man

Good looking car. Not a bad price either. I have to pay about $500 a month for a brand new Corolla - including insurance.
I went with brand new because I didn't want to deal with the possibility of it not being well taken care of.

We took it for a test drive and got the carfax report from the dealership that way we could check it out a little more i depth. I kind of didn't want to get it, out of fear of mechanical issues, but then the bank said they have to give us a 1 year warranty so I took it.

Dude, I've seen LOST, and there were NO Acura dealerships on that island.

LOL you're actually right, there is no Acura dealer on the island. There is however a Honda dealership which is who makes Acura's :)

#9 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

And of course we just found out today that our year, make and model was recalled for an ignition lock lol. No worries though, any Honda dealer has to fix it for free! More new parts and we get them for free! lol

#10 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

LOL you're actually right, there is no Acura dealer on the island. There is however a Honda dealership which is who makes Acura's :)

Why the hell were they trying to start up that rusty ass Volkswagen van? They had a perfectly good Honda dealer? WTH?!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Why the hell were they trying to start up that rusty gluteus maximus Volkswagen van? They had a perfectly good Honda dealer? WTH?!

I always wondered why it was so hard to get off the island. There's a harbor about 20 minutes away from them that has like 100 boats in it every single day lol. The Honolulu Airport is only 45 minutes away. Hell they could have came over to my house and I would have fed them haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users