• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

As it seems, Motorola will no longer build their own phones.
Instead M's manufacturing sites are sold to Flextronic, which will then manufactur phones to be sold under the Motorola brand - A well established manufacturer, a household name, reduced to being someone else's brand... I've seen that happen during the late 80s and early 90s but I wouldn't have thought that this could happen again, especially not to a rather healthy company like Big Red :ß

To the people who have an genuine Motorola phone in your hands - be happy, you're the last generation to experience that :ß

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

As it seems, Motorola will no longer build their own phones.
Instead M's manufacturing sites are sold to Flextronic, which will then manufactur phones to be sold under the Motorola brand - A well established manufacturer, a household name, reduced to being someone else's brand... I've seen that happen during the late 80s and early 90s but I wouldn't have thought that this could happen again, especially not to a rather healthy company like Big Red :ß

To the people who have an genuine Motorola phone in your hands - be happy, you're the last generation to experience that :ß

It's actually not a bad move necessarily. Being an engineer working in the medical industry I'm extremely familiar with how much regulation can hold you up. By splitting manufacturing and design to separate companies you massively reduce the time/paperwork you have to have reviewed without having any reason for a negative impact on product quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users