Photo

Moto may have finally gotten Smart Actions right!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I've been waiting and waiting for Moto to finally get Smart Actions running right on the Bionic. I think they may have gotten it with the latest update!

I have a smart actions rule set up that shuts off mobile data, GPS, and Wifi when the screen is off to absolutely maximize the battery life available.

The issue I had with previous iterations of Smart Actions is when turning the screen back on, it would take 10-20 seconds to reconnect to the mobile data network...this is obviously unacceptable. This most recent update fixes that issue and it connects to the network within 2-3 seconds for me 90% percent of the time and almost never exceeds 5 seconds to reconnect.

The below screenshots are what I got yesterday on a standard battery with almost 2 hours of "screen on" time. So I did use the phone during this time.

Attached Files

#2 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Good to know. I gave up on SmartActions and have been using Llama and Juice Defender. Llama was working great, but recently one of my events and profiles won't work no matter what I try. This post is encouraging news. Thx.

#3 nateohio

nateohio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Good to know. I gave up on SmartActions and have been using Llama and Juice Defender. Llama was working great, but recently one of my events and profiles won't work no matter what I try. This post is encouraging news. Thx.

I didn't get a screenshot but yesterday I made it to 16 hours with 40% remaining with over 2 hours of screen on time

Sent from my HoB'd Bionic using tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users