#1 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys,

So I was going to update to safestrap v3.x today and looking at their website it says to use the "Remove Recovery" option, but this doesn't even exist. So I read i'm supposed to turn off safe mode and go back to stock and uninstall the app, however when I do that and try and boot into stock it gets stuck at the boot animation. Any ideas or am I just stuck with 2.11?

Thanks

#2 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I guess please move this to Razr Verizon/CDMA, I didn't actually notice that subforum before I posed this. Sorry about that.

#3 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Actually, please delete this post. I'm an idiot and forgot to actually restore the backup. Well, you can keep it for learning purposes, but yea the key here is that i'm an idiot.

#4 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Actually, please delete this post. I'm an idiot and forgot to actually restore the backup. Well, you can keep it for learning purposes, but yea the key here is that i'm an idiot.

after you boot to unsafe make sure you uninstall recovery and app,then move old ss folder to ext sd if you plan on keeping that

#5 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Right, I already copied the folder over. I just forgot to actually restore my stock rom so I could uninstall the old safestrap lol

#6 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

I wouldn't consider you an idiot... sometimes the obvious is overlooked. I've done it and I'm pretty sure lots of others have too. We learn from our mistakes. :)
Posted Image

#7 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Welp, looks like i'm back to another issue. I located my stock backup under sd/clockworkmod/backup however safestrap keeps telling me that it can't find it. I've copied it to sd-ext to see if that would fix it as well and it still can't find it. Any ideas?

#8 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Ah man, seriously no ideas?

#9 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Welp, looks like i'm back to another issue. I located my stock backup under sd/clockworkmod/backup however safestrap keeps telling me that it can't find it. I've copied it to sd-ext to see if that would fix it as well and it still can't find it. Any ideas?

The stock backup was done under v2 of Safestrap correct? Are you trying to restore that under v3 of safestrap? If so, you can't do that. Backups between v2 and v3 are incompatible. Once you go to v3 of safestrap, you have to start from scratch unless you used something like Titanium Backup to backup your apps and settings. But, you cannot restore a v2 Safestrap backup under v3.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#10 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

No. I'm saying I still have SS 2.11, disabled safe system, went to restore the backup and it keeps saying it can't find it. I haven't even installed SS v3 because I can't restore the stock rom from restore.

#11 Finalchrono

Finalchrono

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

So yea, I used matt's utility and it worked like a charm, after a few quirks here and there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users