OTA Rootkeeper No Longer Working?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

So I use motofail2go to root the original ics install with up to date superuser app. I then install root keeper. I run root keeper and it backs up su fine. I install the minor ice update(6mb) and reboot. I try root keeper and it claims to restore such, but I have no root access. What am I missing?

EDIT: BTW, I have done this before. It's not my first time.

Update: I tried again. The one thing I did different was to check ota survival in the superuser app. After doing that, I did a back up, upgrade to JB and tried a restore in OTA rootkeeper. It worked fine this time.

#2 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I've heard others talk about gaining root after taking the 6mb update. Personally that was not the way I went, as I temp-rooted throughout the entire process. In addition to getting Superuser and SuperSU, I also install Busybox in addition, which it seems to hold root even with rootkeeper's temp-unroot showing both superuser's un-rooted.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users