• PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Benchmarks anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quadrant was 2900. Not bad for straight stock.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

#462 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Can score 3200 debloated w/ hotplugx + noop and GPU 2D rendering plus HW overlays enabled. Had some other kernel and memory tweaks in there too, but that shouldn't matter too much.

Edit: Got that when I was also tweaked for full GPU rendering.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#463 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Can score 3200 debloated w/ hotplugx + noop and GPU 2D rendering plus HW overlays enabled. Had some other kernel and memory tweaks in there too, but that shouldn't matter too much.

May I ask what you did? Can you load init.d script's and extra governors on the stock side?.

Sorry for sounding newbish, used to doing this on safe side. :P

#464 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Google+:http://www.gofundme.com/36fiag
  • LocationNYC
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Anyone else having a problem with the chat? Its been stuck on "Please wait while we load the chatroom."

#465 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I know Matt's been in the chat trying to resolve the lost root issue, but if anyone could put any possible solutions into the thread, that would be an immense help.

I am still getting this with the RestoreRoot...

"Have drivers installed, phone connected, and USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options."
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
368 KB/s (91992 bytes in 0.244s)
363 KB/s (1020803 bytes in 2.742s)
"Rebooting..."
If the above id shows 0 then you are rooted. Press any key to exit.

Thanks guys! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

#466 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I really am having a crisis here!

I can't decide if I should install now, or wait until somebody makes it flashable.

Arrrrg I hate decisions!

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

No one's gonna make it flashable..

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#467 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

If you folks remember the .75 and .79 OTA Leaks, we still had the old GB kernel with the benefits of ICS. This is the same thing except this breaks the CDT.bin. SafeStrap should technically run on this as well and I am not sure why you couldn't run all your older ROMs (.211) on SS3 while being on this leak.

Unless I am missing something.

X

I`ve got SS3 installed, and I`ve tried serveral different AOKP/CM10 and Cna Roms, They all flash good, but never boot up. I`m guessing it`s because of kernel changes. On the other hand, I have not tried any .211 based Roms yet. I`ll give them a shot a lil` bit later and see what the outcome is. Thanks for the idea!
Posted Image

#468 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I know Matt's been in the chat trying to resolve the lost root issue, but if anyone could put any possible solutions into the thread, that would be an immense help.

"Have drivers installed, phone connected, and USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options."
"Rebooting..."

This tells you that you weren't rooted to begin with.... or you didn't back it up.
  • Equake likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#469 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Anyone else having a problem with the chat? Its been stuck on "Please wait while we load the chatroom."

Use a new window in Firefox.

#470 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

"Rebooting..."

I'm not sure. I followed the op post to the letter, plus wiped the cache before side loading the zip file, and it worked flawlessly.

#471 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

This tells you that you weren't rooted to begin with.... or you didn't back it up.

Im almost positive that I went through the entire process and backed up, but I could very easily have forgotten to. In that case, im stuck until a root exploit is found for JB?

Theres no way I can manually root by pushing via ADB? I also have access to the root directories from within ES File Explorer, if that can possibly help.

#472 bluh5d

bluh5d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm talking about the Hotspot app hack done with the SQLite Editor ... where the "entitlement check" is changed, I need to make sure that is going to work before I jump into JB ... that's my main concern. :)

It works fine. I loaded job through recovery after words my hotspot still worked . I have the SQL mod and I stîll have root.

#473 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Im almost positive that I went through the entire process and backed up, but I could very easily have forgotten to. In that case, im stuck until a root exploit is found for JB?

Theres no way I can manually root by pushing via ADB? I also have access to the root directories from within ES File Explorer, if that can possibly help.

Your pretty much stuck until then yeah.

#474 MattyP

MattyP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIn a Race Car

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

When I run the 1.82 utility will it make any difference having Bootstrap installed on my phone or will the utility take the phone all the way back to bone stock .211?
Rooted Razr Maxx!!

#475 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

May I ask what you did? Can you load init.d script's and extra governors on the stock side?.

Sorry for sounding newbish, used to doing this on safe side. :P

V6 Supercharger minfrees, background writeout tweaks... well... you'll get it eventually, I'm gonna be releasing leak ROMs that don't have much work in them tbh Just what I'm running lol
  • bjoestanley likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#476 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

When I run the 1.82 utility will it make any difference having Bootstrap installed on my phone or will the utility take the phone all the way back to bone stock .211?

It will be just like a new phone. (Execept your SD card, It` will not touch it.)
  • MattyP likes this
Posted Image

#477 minabeshara

minabeshara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Your pretty much stuck until then yeah.

No worries, I can wait. Thanks for all your help Matt! You guys are doing a great job!

#478 samwelborn

samwelborn

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@samwelborn

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

For n00bs like me that took forever to understand how to do all of this here's a very simple, comprehensive guide.

I don't know if it was necessary, but I took a few precautions as follows -- I was previously on SS3.05 so if this is you then follow these instructions and it will work ;)
  • Boot into SS3, go to boot options, choose "stock."
  • Wipe data and cache and dalvik just in case. I really have no idea if this is necessary but I did it.
  • Reboot system, you should be in .211 ICS.
  • If you don't have the SS3 utility installed, download it here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and put it onto your phone's SD.
  • While you are doing this, you might as well transfer the update to your phone -- download it here

and transfer it to your SD (you have to put your phone into mass storage mode while plugged into your computer via USB).
  • Make sure you have drivers for the razr installed on your computer, they are included in

• On your phone, go into developer options (in settings) and turn on usb debugging.
  • Plug in your phone while it is on and when the usb message comes up in the notification bar, click it and choose PTP (mtp did not work for me for some reason. if it works for you then be my guest and use it).
  • Turn the phone off.
  • Open up the Razr Utility on your computer.
  • Boot into AP fastboot -- hold down both buttons of the volume rocker and the power button at the same time. You should see a black screen with white text on it. If this is not the case, you did something wrong with the powering on -- just power off and try it again.
  • Select AP Fastboot by scrolling down with the down volume button and selecting it with the up volume button.
  • Connect your phone to your computer using the USB. If you get an error message on your computer when this happens saying that the device cannot be recognized, try another usb port.
  • Once it is recognized, the Razr Utility can work its magic. Type '1' at the utility menu screen and press enter. Press enter again. If it's working, it will not show up with any errors. Follow it's instructions (just wait until the screen turns on each time the utility does something and press enter).
  • When it is done, boot up the damn thing.
  • It should be at stock (unroot?).
  • Root it by using option 2 on the razr utility.
  • Once it's finished rooting, use option 3 on the utility to install the the rootkeeper.
  • This step is majorly important -- make sure you update the superuser app and binary (I know this was in the OP but people forget/don't read the OP!) To do this, open superuser, drag from left to right to get to the info pane. Tap the "su binary" area and update.
  • Open the OTA rootkeeper and do what it says in the OP (I'm going to copy paste)
  • Choose ' Protect Root '
    Choose ' Temp Unroot '
    Choose ' Restore Root '
    Choose ' Temp Unroot '
    Choose 'Restore Root' (Yes, we did that twice. And no, you do not want to be Temp. Unrooted when you update.)
  • Now you're set to boot into recovery. To do this, turn the device off and do the same thing you did to boot into AP Fastboot (just press all three buttons on the side of your phone at the same time.
  • Scroll down to "Recovery" (I think it's the second option in the boot menu). Press the up volume button while this is highlighted.
  • This will bring you to a page that looks like a dead android with an error message over his dead body. Press both buttons of the volume rocker (this worked for me), and it will bring you to the Motorola's recovery.
  • Select external storage and find the blur zip that you will be installing.
  • Wait a while -- took about 10 minutes for mine to fully install.
  • I booted it up and did a factory reset just in case.
  • After boot, set up all of your accounts.
  • OTA Voodoo will not be here, so just install it again using the above instructions.
  • Open up voodoo and press restore.
Booyah, you're rooted and on blur JB.

Dev's and people that know more than me -- you can tell me to remove some stuff if it is not necessary. I made this guide to make sure it was foolproof.

If I'm missing anything let me know. Merry Christmas!
  • mhotovec, dkahs23 and theatomizer90 like this

#479 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

does any of the strapped recoveries work w/ this? i want to install the extra gov's as well on this..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#480 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

V6 Supercharger minfrees, background writeout tweaks... well... you'll get it eventually, I'm gonna be releasing leak ROMs that don't have much work in them tbh Just what I'm running lol

I don't mind doing the work.. :P. I'm so used to adding the zip files or other goodies on the safe side, it just feels funny. To used to avoiding the non safe side like the plague lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users