Photo

Nexus 6 Random Comments, Thoughts, Beotches.....

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm so glad to be done with CDMA.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#22 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

That's odd because jayrod's N6 came from Moto and is working fine.

sent from my N6

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#23 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

It could be the age of the Sim. I know that there are a couple of devices I had to use a new Sim in rather than just swapping.

sent from my N6

• johnlgalt likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#24 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

That sucks royally.

#25 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Dude, I had absolutely NO issues whatsoever.....I called VZW last week told them I purchased a new NX6 from Moto and that I would need a new Nano SIM since th 926 is Micro. They said np, sent me the SIM. Both arrived yesterday within minutes, and I thought I was going to have the issues you and others ran into and figured I could resolve to use one of my Kids SIM's to get rolling....since they are adults and dont live with me I was going to have to wait, so I called VZW to give it a try.....

Dude on the phone understood what I was doing and bam with in minutes had the new SIM activated and the old one killed off.

If you really have the problem, my understanding is, you can use any already activated SIM to get the device registered on the VZW network. Once that is done, you can switch back to your SIM....at least thats my understanding from looking into it prior to getting it.

GL

#26 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

Therein lies the problem.  The Micro SIM that I cut is only a year old that I got for the S3 that JustAGuy sent to me just shy of a year ago.  I've changed the phone network from Global to LTE, and it can see a variety of networks around me, including VZW, but with the cut SIM in I get an error message stating that the SIM doesn't allow me to activate on the VZW network.

I was trying to avoid having them send me a SIM because I had receive the phone so quickly and wanted to use it last night for the NYE festivities..  But I've had conflicting information from tech support at VZW.  The first guy told me that I would have no problem getting a new nano SIM and that he could send me one, but suggested that I go to a store instead.  At the store, they tried a multitude of ways to get a new SIM activated but because the IMEI would not show up in their system, they could not get it done.

While in the store, I called VZW CS back, and this second guy tried numerous ways from his side to get the IMEI activated, and after spending over 25 minutes with him, he transferred me to Tech support, where a lady (girl, TBH - she sounded way younger than I am) didn't seem to catch what was going on - I had to correct her twice initially about the fact that I was not talking about an SD Card, but a SIM, and then she said because the IMEI was not a part of the VZW system, they could not directly activate a new SIM for it, but that they could activate it via another device that also uses a nano SIM.  I then asked her what about my current SIM, she said it was the wrong size, but if I could get it cut (since some corp stores actually cut the em, according to her) then it should work perfectly fine.  I then tried to get the store personnel to talk to her on my phone but the store personnel refused to, saying they had already tried and since the IMEI was not in the VZW system they could do nothing about it, and that left me beyond pissed off.  I then double verified that cutting my current SIM for my S3 to the correct dimensions would work, she said yes, and I said thanks and went off to do some chopping.

After cutting it, I inserted into the phone - no go.  I powered off and powered on - no go.  Factory reset - when it came to the SIM part is asked to have the SIM inserted.  Never recognized it.  I've made sure every time that it is set for LTE, and searching for networks sees the VZW network, but it refuses to activate.  After 2 hours of that I finally had to call VZW tech support again.  The third guy told me that since the phone was not from them that it was more than likely a Motorola issue and I needed to contact Moto tech support.  I then had him re-activate my old BIONIC and am having to use that.

I think I might go to the corporate store, ask for a nano SIM for my S3 saying that I have an adapter for it, and see if they will do that.  Then swap it over to the Nexus.  Luckily, there is a new corporate store in my area that I have yet to visit - the main one in my town is full of idiots, and the one I went to yesterday is too, apparently...

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

That is a freaking nightmare.  Good luck, man.

#28 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

Yeah.  If it wasn't for the grandfathered unlimited data, I would have been long gone....

#29 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

I've been happier since I left, that's for sure.

#30 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

I did a bit of research, and I think I know why I am having so many issues.  The SIM I tried to cut down was a non-NFC enabled SIM, and the VZW CSR at the local corp store told me that just cutting down any old SIM won't *always* work because of idiosyncrasies like that.  He advised me to go to a non-corp store, buy a SIM, and then call VZW back to get it finally activated.

I called VZW Tech Support and directly escalated to Tier 2.  I have the correct SM, but the IMEI is still playing no go with VZW, so they are escalating the issue to the coders to get my IMEI added the VZW system.  Takes 1 - 3 business days, at which point I have to call them back and see if I can get the new phone with the new SIM activated.

This blows.

#31 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Wow, sorry youre having so many issues, almost make me feel guilty it was so easy for me.

Another thread I read mentioned that you could actually use the non-NFC SIM. 

#32 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, well, I should have done a bit more research, because this is my first nexus device, and it might have been something not necessarily related to the SIM card type, but rather the cut.

However, I'd by Wednesday my IMEI is not in VZW's system, I am going to raise bloody murder...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#33 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

32GB in both colors available....

#34 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

Already bought my 64gb blue. Now I gotta wait for VZW to add the IMEI to their system to get it activated. Thank goodness for WiFi.

#35 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

I cannot believe youre not on the network yet jeez.

#36 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

It's what I get to having 3.5 year old devices lol...

#37 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

So, now I am being told that the DMD request to have my IMEI added to the system is not applicable because it is not a VZW device. They have one chance left to fix this and then I am gone from VZW for good. Which sucks because they are the best carrier around here in terms of signal strength and connectivity. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#38 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

That's messed up.

#39 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

We need 5.0.3 badly.

• JustAGuy likes this

#40 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

We need 5.0.3 badly.

I'm this || close to going back to my Turbo.......

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users