#381 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

OK Sam and others, I took a different path since everything was working nicely previously.....so I used HoN v1.94 with the November update and it worked just fine. So its either something with the script or maybe the fastboot files.....

Sam I see with the 2.x HoN the images are not extracted but seem to get pulled during the fastboot process....this is where I was consistently failing, during the first push of the system file....maybe its timing out or something odd like that....I havent tried extracting and running it all by hand under 2.8 so not sure on my theory. Just glad to be back up and running.

#382 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

It transfers the image zip to your device to flash it internally.  Which is what the factory image is doing.  So it would seem your transfer is getting screwed up causing it to fail.  It would do this if you flashed the factory image, as well, since I'm mirroring the functionality directly.  That's an issue with USB/cable/driver that the connection is getting broken at some point in the transfer.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#383 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

hmm interesting, since its the same cable and ports...

#384 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

If you're curious, take out the -w from the fastboot command inside the flashall script from your factory image, and then flash it.  You will likely see the exact same problem as you had with the HoN.

#385 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

I already tried doing wipe and dont wipe so I already know that it doesnt work...so something with fastboot then....

EDIT: basically what I mean is I think flashall blows and if I extracted the images and flashed each separately, I bet it would work....

#386 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

OK Sam and others, I took a different path since everything was working nicely previously.....so I used HoN v1.94 with the November update and it worked just fine. So its either something with the script or maybe the fastboot files.....

Sam I see with the 2.x HoN the images are not extracted but seem to get pulled during the fastboot process....this is where I was consistently failing, during the first push of the system file....maybe its timing out or something odd like that....I havent tried extracting and running it all by hand under 2.8 so not sure on my theory. Just glad to be back up and running.

Just out of curiosity, has *anything* changed on your system (hardware-wise) since you last used HoN?  Anything at all?

#387 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

Nope nothing at all. For whatever reason it seems that during the extraction or flash of system it times out, at least that is what I believe is happening. It always fails during the first third of the System, and it happens pretty quickly after it starts trying to flash it, again leading me to believe that the file isnt there or ready....

When the December update comes out, I will try again and at least I know I can fix it easily by extracting the images from the zip and doing it the "old" way.

• johnlgalt likes this

#388 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

Alrighty, heres my latest update....while it may not like something of mine ie. port, cable, whatever, it definitely seems to be something with fastboot. 

I tried 2.8 with December update, and it failed which isnt surprising, same as before it failed on the first section of system. Next I used HoN 1.94 to generate the appropriate files and script. Heres where I believe its fastboot, I then decided to try and replace the 1.94 TOOLS folder with the 2.8 TOOLS folder. Below you will find the output of first trying to use the 2.8 TOOLS which fails, and then I restored the 1.94 TOOLS, and re-run and as you can see, it flashes just fine.

So thats my .02 :)

c:\HouseofNexus194\NEXUS>flashme.bat
WARNING: Choosing yes to this option will flash the bootloader.
Flash bootloader? [y/n]: n
target reported max download size of 518205818 bytes
sending 'boot' (8706 KB)...
OKAY [  0.547s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) Device State : Unlocked
OKAY [  1.029s]
finished. total time: 1.585s
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.442s]
sending 'cache' (6248 KB)...
OKAY [  0.485s]
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.696s]
finished. total time: 1.631s
Flash custom recovery? [y/n]: y
sending 'recovery' (13348 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 0.555s
< waiting for any device >
target didn't report max-download-size
error: cannot load 'system.img'
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'vendor' (188179 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No error))
finished. total time: 0.003s
Install SuperSU? [y/n]: n
Reboot? [y/n]: n
Thanks for using the House of Nexus.
Press any key to continue . . .

c:\HouseofNexus194\NEXUS>flashme.bat
WARNING: Choosing yes to this option will flash the bootloader.
Flash bootloader? [y/n]: n
sending 'boot' (8706 KB)...
OKAY [  0.644s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.834s]
finished. total time: 1.479s
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.431s]
sending 'cache' (6248 KB)...
OKAY [  0.483s]
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.694s]
finished. total time: 1.640s
Flash custom recovery? [y/n]: y
sending 'recovery' (13348 KB)...
OKAY [  0.981s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.993s]
finished. total time: 1.990s

• spainter likes this

#389 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Ummmmmm, WTF???  Try using these:

http://www.mediafire...tform-tools.zip

and see if that works with 1.94 or 2.8.  I have absolutely no idea what they could have done to break fastboot for your device but it sure as hell looks like they did something bad.  This is the latest platform tools that are out so maybe it's fixed.

• kellym, cmh714 and spainter like this

#390 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

That did the trick Sam. Worked under 2.8

• kellym and spainter like this

#391 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

Neat.  Way to go Google....releasing broken fastboot files is awesome.  I'll add the platform tools link to the OP.

• kellym and spainter like this

#392 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

and wait although it worked, however it went down, when I came back into TWRP to sideload supersu it asked for the encryption password....so  basically it killed me and I need to start all over

Now having stated the above....this is the NX9 and this flash was to the 7.1.1 so maybe updating from 7.0.0 did this to me which I believe is probably the case.

thoughts?

#393 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

FWIW:  On my N6, with the latest ADK installed and using HoN 2.8, I had 0 issues. 

@cmh714 - after your first run of HoN, did you let it boot back into the system prior to attempting to live boot TWRP?  If so, did you actually go through any set up at all?

The reason I ask is that I get that all the time - but I have boot-time PIN enabled on my phone, and I enter the same PIN in TWRP and it decrypts perfectly fine.

• SamuriHL, kellym, cmh714 and 1 other like this

#394 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

Thanks John. No, I dont believe I let it boot back to System, but honestly now cant remember.

Its all good since my tablet isnt a tool its for fun its not a real problem if it gets messed up from time to time :)

• johnlgalt, kellym and spainter like this

#395 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

@SamuriHL:  In light of this:  http://www.androidpo...tudio-download/

Are you going to rework HoN (at some point) to make it one of the required DLs or are you going to just keep including it with the HoN package?  

Or, even better, are you going to script the JAVA installer to auto DL and install the latest arch-based files?   :p

#396 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:04 AM

I'll look at it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this

#397 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

For now I updated the OP with links to the respective Platform Tools for each supported platform.  I may have to think about how to make it work from the scripting in Linux/Mac so that you can extract it to the TOOLS dir like we do on Windows. For now that is not the case and should be added the path for Linux and Mac.

• johnlgalt, cmh714 and spainter like this

#398 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

Sam, so I had to go Nuclear with my Nexus 6P and unlock the bootloader. I installed the latest House of Nexus and made sure the tools were updated to latest adb and fastboot. I was flashing the 7.1.1 (NUF26K, Feb 2017, Verizon Only) and when it asked me if I wanted to wipe data I selected yes. Why not, data was already wiped after unlocking the bootloader. After I selected yes I got what I thought were errors. See attached image. 

Attached File  Capture.JPG   75.1KB   10 downloads

The rest of the script ran and the device automagically rebooted and I was able to set up my device. Rest of the script below. 

Attached File  Capture1.JPG   66.01KB   8 downloads

Attached File  Capture2.JPG   26.61KB   8 downloads

Regarding the suspected errors, Archive does not contain xx.sig, in the first image is that normal? This is the first time I used the tool with wipe data. 

• spainter likes this

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#399 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

The "archive did not contain X" errors are normal Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  • spainter likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#400 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Well that's good to know. If I hadn't run to the bathroom I would have scrubbed the whole mission and tried again. I guess a full bladder was fortuitous in this case. :lol :thumbup
  • spainter likes this

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users