479 replies to this topic

#201 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

Ok. I won't need the snapdragon_FXZ_Support files or any additional files like that right? Just House of Moto and my FXZ?

That is correct.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#202 CWM8012

CWM8012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Xt907

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

How is this tool different from RSDLite? Jw.

#203 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

If you truly mean RSDLite and not RSD Flasher (which wraps RSDLite in similar functionality to the House of Moto) then RSDLite is a tool written by Moto to flash FXZ's.  It will flash whatever is in the XML file contained in the FXZ.  The House of Moto (and RSD Flasher) gives you a bit more control over what is flashed.  

• xKroniK13x likes this

#204 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

Okay, don't hurt me too bad.I thought I would give your tool a shot.  I'm usually very good at solving my own issues, and I read this thread page by page as well as the OP at least 3 times, lol. This is probably something really stupid on my part I'm guessing but when I run the .jar file the .tgz that I copied into the IMAGES folder doesn't show up in there. It's definitely in there and is a .tgz. Any thoughts? Thanks

#205 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

Not off the top of my head. Don't remember if it's one of the supported extensions or not. I'd take a look but unfortunately you picked the wrong weekend to have an issue. I'm buried at work at the moment. I'll look in a couple days if you're still having issues.

#206 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

Not off the top of my head. Don't remember if it's one of the supported extensions or not. I'd take a look but unfortunately you picked the wrong weekend to have an issue. I'm buried at work at the moment. I'll look in a couple days if you're still having issues.

No worries. Just ended up using fastboot. Was more of a curiosity to give this a try. Seems like a cool utility, I look forward to trying it in the future. Thanks

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

#207 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Trying to get my phone out of a bootloop that the phone managed to put itself in. It's an xt907. I've installed everything as directed. When attempting to run flashme.sh, I first encountered these errors.

./flashme.sh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `;'

./flashme.sh: line 3: `;Generated script from the House of Moto 4.1.'

I went into the script and deleted the second and third lines beginning with semicolons. I tried running the script again, but now I'm getting "./flashme.sh: line 3: OS: command not found" at first and then "fastboot: command not found" on every command the script tries running. What am I doing wrong here?

#208 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Ah, I think the issue is now in my line where the script attempts to change my path. PATH=/HouseOfMoto/TOOLS/Mac OS X:$PATH Mac OS X does not exist. Only Windows, Linux, and Darwin. Which is correct for me?

#209 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm on a Mac running Yosemite.

#210 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

Tried Linux and I get "cannot execute binary file."

Tried Darwin and I get "< waiting for device >."

Here is a copy of the generated script.

#!/bin/bash

PATH=/HouseOfMoto/TOOLS/Darwin:$PATH

function flashGPT() {
   fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
}
read -p "Flash GPT partition? [y/n]: " yesorno
  case "$yesorno" in
     y*)  flashGPT ;;
     n*)  echo "" ;;
       esac

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot flash sbl2 sbl2.mbn
fastboot flash sbl3 sbl3.mbn
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn

function flashTZ() {
   fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
}
read -p "Flash TZ partition? [y/n]: " yesorno
  case "$yesorno" in
     y*)  flashTZ ;;
     n*)  echo "" ;;
       esac

fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot erase tombstones
fastboot erase cache

function flashUserData() {
   fastboot erase userdata
}

echo "WARNING: Choosing yes to this option will WIPE YOUR DATA."
read -p "Erase user data? [y/n]: " yesorno
  case "$yesorno" in
     y*)  flashUserData ;;
     n*)  echo "" ;;
       esac

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot
echo "Rebooting..."

echo "Thanks for using the House of Moto."
echo "Press Enter To Continue"
read

#211 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:39 AM

Not been tested on Yosemite.  Waiting for device means that fastboot is looking for your device.  If you manually do a fastboot devices from a terminal does it find your device?  If not, solve that issue then run the flash script.

#212 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

Switched to my sister's PC. Still getting the waiting on device issue. Total noob when it comes to command prompt, and I'm not too savvy with terminal and bash. I just know a little. Hopped back on my Mac and tried ./fastboot devices in TOOLS/Darwin, and it does nothing. If i try fastboot devices it tells me fastboot is an unrecognized command. How would I test it on a PC? I'd much rather just use the PC and I know that I definitely have the drivers installed on here.

#213 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:59 AM

Getting the same issue on the PC. fastboot devices lists no devices. I've got the phone connected and in AP Fastboot Flash Mode. It says "Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low

Transfer Mode:

USB Connected"

#214 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

I should mention - this is my friend's phone. I have no idea what fxz he had. No clue what computers he's connected it to. One day it just randomly got stuck in a boot loop. Sticks on the red eye until (I think) the battery dies. Then it sits for a few minutes and tries to boot again. He really wants the pictures he has stored on the phone.

#215 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Before you do anything else get the battery charged up. The one sure way to perm brick a phone is to try to flash with a low battery.

#216 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

I can't get the battery to charge up. It continually tries booting up by itself, and just runs the battery back down. I left it plugged in all night last night.

#217 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

I'm trying to find some proper drivers and hoping that will help the computer detect my device.

#218 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

I'm trying to find some proper drivers and hoping that will help the computer detect my device.

You are going to end up buying a "Team Blackhat adapter" which will supply power to the phone while flashing.  You can do a google search for it. I don't have their current link available right now.  They are about $10.00

#219 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

How long does a flash take? I feel like the phone will have enough juice for one now that I've let it charge while on the Flashboot screen.

#220 gwade12

gwade12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

I've just tried using RSD instead. Still nothing. Everything pops up like it's going to work, then it all just disappears. I end up with a KEEPDATA.xml in my directory with my extracted fxz. I've tried using different USB ports on the computer too.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users