#1 Whipping_Post+1

Whipping_Post+1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, PA
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr MAXX 16GB

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm sorry to have to make another help topic but I seem to be extremely bad at "fixing" things. I was in system/bin system/etc and system/lib and was putting files back to stock....or at least I thought. When I left root explorer, I noticed that I no longer had a data connection, wifi or verizon. And to top that, I have partial root. It does not see my su as protected but su is present. Superuser is installed, busybox, and there is a copy of su but I cant' get to it. Did Matt make a utility for idiots like me??? I had root and data was fine. I was just trying to clean up a bad beats apk install and it seems that that is the least of my problems. I don't know how to go in by adb and would that maybe get my root back and then I could get into the system files that I messed up to get data working. Gosh, I am bad at this...

I really have been thinking about this to figure out what I possibly did. I did NOT fix permissions for the files I pushed. The only file I remember was /system/bin/pand. I took out the system/bin/omapconf file. From what I understand it is a diagnostic file and was on the zip that hashcode had published but was not on the actual system/bin, system/etc, system/lib that was pulled. There were files that were in the system/bin/ from rootbrowser lite that were erased. I am no expert but they were utility files and other than NOT changing permissions, my system/bin, system/etc, and system/lib are EXACTLY the same. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THAT i CAN FIX PERMISSIONS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users