#1 phr00t

phr00t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hey all,

Just got my RAZR today. I've been trying to get ABSYM v1.1 ROM installed, but I'm not having any luck. What I've done so far:

1) Updated to .748 latest system (I accidentally tried to flash ABSYM v1.0 on .744, which didn't work, so I had to fully restore stock and install .748 via recovery)
2) Rooted stock .748 with zergRush on Linux
3) Flashed SafeStrap v1.07
4) Copied ABSYM v1.0 and v1.1 UPDATE ZIPs to my external memory
5) Rebooted
6) Did a backup on Safe Mode: Disabled
7) Switched to Safe Mode: Enabled
8) Followed instructions on wiping /system, data/cache/dalvik etc.
9) Flashed ABSYM v1.0
10) Rebooted

... nothing but black screen. I've tried going back to clearing data/cache before and after flashing ABSYM, nothing. Switching to Safe Mode: disabled boots to original stock ROM fine. It says XT912 on the back of my phone, so I don't suspect the /preinstall partition size is the problem (right?). I've previously had a DroidX / Samsung Captivate etc. where I've done lots of flashing, but I just can't figure this one out...

Any suggestions? :(

#2 curse3800

curse3800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

When u flash, r u at least 50% charged?? its odd this is happening to you, it looks like your doing all the right steps

#3 phr00t

phr00t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm probably around 50%, but I had it plugged in the whole time while flashing, so I wouldn't suspect it to lose power during a flash or something...?

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Have you tried just flashing it again?

#5 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Are you flashing the ROM and the update file in the same CWR session?

#6 phr00t

phr00t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

(TSON) and kl0wn, thanks for the replies.

I have tried flashing the ROM again, and I've tried both flashing the ROM alone and rebooting, and flashing the ROM in the same SafeStrap session -- black screen :-(

I think I may just try using the default bootstrap...

#7 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

I had issues flashing multiple zip files at once. Try flashing Absym 1.0, boot up and set up, and then follow instructions on upgrading to 1.1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#8 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

after flashing and doing the reboot how long did yo ulet it sit on the black screen? I've flashed my Razr a few times and thought is was hosed myself. LEt it sit for upward of 10mins and then it booted. So if you didn't let it be for some time I'd try it again but only flashing the ROM, do not flash multiple things in one session. let it boot but at least let it go for 10 mins. if its a no go the nthere is somethign going on for whatever reason we'll have to help you out wiht.

#9 cwilber79

cwilber79

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I have the same problem with my razr maxx. doesnt boot in safe mode enabled on stock rom rooted. only in safemode disabled. i cant figure this out either

#10 crashercarlton

crashercarlton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

i just bought a maxx yesterday and after a few of your comments, i talked to Hashcode about some of the issues on the maxx/razr, he's aware of it now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users