24 replies to this topic

#1 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

What would you guys think is the best ROM?? I'm a total noob so I don't understand too much tech talk so take it easy LOL. Video's are always encouraged too..... But I just want opinions and why if that'd be cool, thanks so much Droid Razr community

#2 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Wrong forum and it's all personal choice. Personally, I like Abysm.

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

There really is no "Best Rom" and threads like these are disrespectful to Rom creators.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#4 curse3800

curse3800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Droid Theory's Abysm 1.1, the thing is a complete monster, really smooth, lighting fast, and a great solid battery. He has screenshots of it on the cdma rom section.
If u need help installing a rom, safestrap, making backup, etc. there is a great site called,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Its got videos of how to do it too, great for starters

#5 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

You should post things like this in the 'General Discussion' forum.

And there really isn't an answer to that like Erp said; it's all about personal preference. Plus it's a moot point...

Just look through the different ROMs and find one that you like and flash it. Then you'll flash your second one, then the third, fourth...

And another CrackFlasher is born. :D :D

:-D :-D

#6 s.cooper

s.cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:unionshane@gmail.com
  • Locationsioux city ia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

lmfao!!!!! crack flasher....that chit is soooooo funny and true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Definitely try them all. My personal favorite is Dts abysm extreme. If there is one piece of advice I can give, READ the op! Different developers have different instructions. Most of the time they are similar but some require different kernals or ota updates to work properly. When in doubt, wipe it all! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#8 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

What would you guys think is the best ROM?? I'm a total noob so I don't understand too much tech talk so take it easy LOL. Video's are always encouraged too..... But I just want opinions and why if that'd be cool, thanks so much Droid Razr community

Every rom is personal preference Personally I like ics but prior to that arctic was my preference each rom has its own unique assets it brings to the table whether it is the theming of the rom the speed, the fluidity, bloated, debloated, super debloated, which kernel it is built off of including radios, battery life, etc.... I understand the question you have asked and I am positive there was no disrespect meant to any developers however as stated by others you really need to try them all and decide for yourself which rom fits you and your needs. What is awesome for 1 is not awesome for all. This will also transform you into someone who is experienced and is nolonger a noob and ultimately a crack flasher as Th3ory calls it.
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#9 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Like what so many have mentioned its personal preference. Ask yourself, what do I like? Do you like and use alot of blur features than go with razrx or Infex, currently running Infex but also tried razrx and both are good. If you don't care for blur go with abysm. There is also ics and eclipse. No matter which one you choose you won't be disappointed.

#10 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

Every rom is personal preference Personally I like ics but prior to that arctic was my preference each rom has its own unique assets it brings to the table whether it is the theming of the rom the speed, the fluidity, bloated, debloated, super debloated, which kernel it is built off of including radios, battery life, etc... I understand the question you have asked and I am positive there was no disrespect meant to any developers however as stated by others you really need to try them all and decide for yourself which rom fits you and your needs. What is awesome for 1 is not awesome for all. This will also transform you into someone who is experienced and is nolonger a noob and ultimately a crack flasher as Th3ory calls it.

to answer the question... Like everyone else has stated. Flash them and see what ROM you and your phone likes. :)

#11 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

I blindly agree with DT.....

#12 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

I blindly agree with DT.....

See I knew someone would thanks for making my point. Lol

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#13 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

If u need help installing a rom, safestrap, making backup, etc. there is a great site called,

There's also this really cool site called www.DroidRzr.com with all that stuff, plus a chat room where live help is always available 24/7.

:-D :-D

#14 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Droid Theory's Abysm 1.1, the thing is a complete monster, really smooth, lighting fast, and a great solid battery. He has screenshots of it on the cdma rom section.

Its got videos of how to do it too, great for starters

Everything you ever need for the Razr is right here on this DroidRzr.com site man. No need to go anywhere else is what I say!
  • mattlgroff likes this

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#15 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Everything you ever need for the Razr is right here on this DroidRzr.com site man. No need to go anywhere else is what I say!

Yeah...I don't trust other sites for Razr information. Even XDA is confusing because its mostly GSM stuff.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#16 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yeah...I don't trust other sites for Razr information. Even XDA is confusing because its mostly GSM stuff.

Yeah man, XDA seems to be outta the loop when it comes to the XT912. Not much going on there. THIS is the place to be for the Razr party!!!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#17 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

My favorite ROM is that one with the amazing kernel developed because motorola kindly unlocked the bootloader. Oh that's right, we don't have that capability. That being said i'm amazed that we have ask these choices given that moto is trying to c$#k block and c**t stunt us. Right now i'm rocking absym on non safe and ic3 on safe. Props and thank you to all the devs.

Sent from the future with a razr equipped with a flux capacitor.

#18 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Does rooting do anything to it? I mean I know it opens it up for flashing and what not but does it actually do anything for the battery or speed or anything??

#19 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Does rooting do anything to it? I mean I know it opens it up for flashing and what not but does it actually do anything for the battery or speed or anything??

It is the equivalent to an Administrator account in Windows. Root/superuser is the term used for *nix.

#20 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

So when I root it I get like more settings then a normal Droid Razr would have to like play around with and change to my liking??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users