24 replies to this topic

#21 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

It is the equivalent to an Administrator account in Windows. Root/superuser is the term used for *nix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So when I root it I get like more settings then a normal Droid Razr would have to like play around with and change to my liking??

#22 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

So when I root it I get like more settings then a normal Droid Razr would have to like play around with and change to my liking??

Kind of. There are no special menus that you can see directly, but through the use of apps designed for root new features become accessible. Other setting can be manually changed once you have root by editing certain system files that otherwise would not be accessible.

#23 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

Kind of. There are no special menus that you can see directly, but through the use of apps designed for root new features become accessible. Other setting can be manually changed once you have root by editing certain system files that otherwise would not be accessible.

To elaborate on the apps side root explorer allows you to access all system files that you could not access prior. It allows you to beable to implement hacks such as the wireless tether hack or to use root only apps such as wifi tether. Gives you the option to load an alternate recovery via safe or bootstrap which you can then create back ups of your current system and data files to restore at a later time and enables the ability to flash new roms. This is just one of the many things rooted users do. It also allows you to change the names of certain files that you dont use or move the entire file to the sd-ext which will essentially keep it from running in the back ground and draining your battery as well as slowing down your device.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#24 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

I do know about the wifi-tethering I plan on doing that but are there any apps in particular for speed of the phone or battery??

#25 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

I do know about the wifi-tethering I plan on doing that but are there any apps in particular for speed of the phone or battery??

Well freezing apps with titanium app will speed up and increase your battery life because they won't be running in the background. However you can flash different roms such as droid th3orys abysm or infex a lot of moto blur apps r removed it speeds up the system a lot and increases battery life as well

Sent from my Droid Razr
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users