9 replies to this topic

#1 narrowpath

narrowpath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

hey guys so my phone is stuck at the boot screen. i have a CDMA razr running the unofficial jellybean. all i did was upgrade my safestrap to the latest version and all of the sudden come to find out that it wiped my phone clean of it's ROM. i can't boot into anything. i have the stock version and a rom in slot 1 and i can't boot into either of them.

as far as i know i can't use matt's utility because it's only for ICS right?

either way do you have any ideas on getting my phone back up and running?

#2 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Are you able to uninstall SS? If so, do that, then try to reflash. Root will probably be lost though.
Posted Image

#3 narrowpath

narrowpath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Are you able to uninstall SS? If so, do that, then try to reflash. Root will probably be lost though.

how do i do that without booting?

#4 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Are you able to get into recovery? Is JB on your ext sd?
Posted Image

#5 narrowpath

narrowpath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Are you able to get into recovery? Is JB on your ext sd?

yes i can get into the newest SS and also have a JB .zip on my internal and external sd.

i've tried many times to wipe and re-flash the .zip file but it just doesn't boot right. i don't know what wrong with the newest SS?

#6 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Don't use SS to flash it. Go into ap fastboot and use Matt's util to get to stock .211 ICS. Go into recovery then flash the zip from recovery. If you're rooted make sure to follow the root, temp unroot, restore root, temp unroot with voodoo before flashing. After you flash, restore root, then use Matt's new restore root util to regain root. You should be fine unless someone else sees something I don't.
Posted Image

#7 narrowpath

narrowpath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

well my only concern is that i thought you could go back to ics from jellybean? i could be mistaken though.

#8 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

No sir. Once you're updated you're there. If you haven't updated you should be able to get to stock with Matt's util from AP Fastboot. Sounds like you're not updated as it would probably boot if so. Looks like it just bricked and is possibly still on ICS. Try the AP Fastboot with Matt's 1.82 unstuck utility. If you can get to .211 stock, you'll be able to flash JB within recovery. That is if you want to go to JB. I personally recommend it.
Posted Image

#9 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Jump in the chat room by clicking chat at the top. We will try to get you worked up.
Posted Image

#10 narrowpath

narrowpath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

ok i'm there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users