Photo

Droid Razr By Motorola: What's Your Favorite Smart Action?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bignadad

Bignadad

Dev/Design Extrordinare

• Developer
  • 283 posts
  • Twitter:bignadad
  • Google+:bignadad
  • LocationBishopville, SC
  • Current Device(s):DroidX, Bionic, Dinc2, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Gnex, Nex7, Xyboard

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

My favorite smart action is for Motorola to unlock our bootloaders.

My second favorite is the combo that connects to WiFi and turns off cellular data when I'm home, and connects to my car via Bluetooth when I'm in the car, turning off WiFi and turning on cellular data.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#3 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

My second favorite is the combo that connects to WiFi and turns off cellular data when I'm home, and connects to my car via Bluetooth when I'm in the car, turning off WiFi and turning on cellular data.

+1

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
  • frankyvee likes this
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#4 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

beat me to it lol...I just saw the title and thought the exact same thing

#5 Ramdanih

Ramdanih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:Ramdanih7
  • Google+:Ramdanih
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

why motorola razr not atomatically turn off network data after wifi turn ON?

#6 3a4yI7aTiY

3a4yI7aTiY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:3a4yI7aTiY
  • Google+:3a4yI7aTiY
  • LocationUkraine, Odessa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

battery extander))

#7 3a4yI7aTiY

3a4yI7aTiY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:3a4yI7aTiY
  • Google+:3a4yI7aTiY
  • LocationUkraine, Odessa

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

why motorola razr not atomatically turn off network data after wifi turn ON?

what radio you use??? i on 6.12.173 a all great

#8 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have mine set up to launch Pandora when it pairs to my truck radio... that way even if I don't have my phone in hand or in dock it will start playing music (I have a Kenwood dnx5120 and I can fast forward pause etc.. from my head unit :D ) that way I don't even have to touch my phone if I take a 5 min drive up to the store. I only wish I could create an action to close Pandora when the Bluetooth connection is terminated... maybe someone knows of a different app to accomplish that...

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#9 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

I was going to say exactly this. lol

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#10 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I have Smart Actions and Juice Defender working in tandem to reduce battery use and customize my device usage. I'd like to use just one app, but I haven't found one that does it all, including "Tasker" and "Actions". Smart Actions could really use a NOT condition, as in "when NOT in a certain location". It should also recognize additional events like WiFi Near and Bluetooth Near. (Both WiFi and Bluetooth have modes where they scan for a signal every 45-60 seconds, giving you a battery saving third option in addition to ON and OFF.) Since it doesn't have that, I leave Bluetooth ON in case I need to drive somewhere, and find it uses negligible power (down in the 2% range vs. 37% or so for the screen.) Juice Defender turns WiFi ON and OFF on a varying schedule to get email. I'm still working on the ideal configuration.

#11 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

I only wish I could create an action to close Pandora when the Bluetooth connection is terminated... maybe someone knows of a different app to accomplish that..

Try Automate it? does nearly everything. senses car dock for triggers, gps location, multi triggers/ actions, can reverse everything.
Favorite actions are car dock to start music/ gps/ brightness, screen on constantly. and also setting TTS dialogue for battery levels, phone on, random stuff.
AutomateIt pro is worth the price, IMO. and should be able to kill pandora with bt.

#12 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Try Automate it? does nearly everything. senses car dock for triggers, gps location, multi triggers/ actions, can reverse everything.
Favorite actions are car dock to start music/ gps/ brightness, screen on constantly. and also setting TTS dialogue for battery levels, phone on, random stuff.
AutomateIt pro is worth the price, IMO. and should be able to kill pandora with bt.

Thank you very much for letting me know about this app... bought paid version because its like smart actions on steroids... I did find that it will kill Pandora only if I pause playback right before I turn off my Bluetooth device (headphones or truck radio) if its not paused it tends to restart itself for some weird reason... it works efficiently because I can pause playback with either device without touching the phone... now I can keep it in my holster for those short trips to the supermarket lol

#13 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

glad it works for you. When you turn off the headunit, does Pandora stop, start, then stop again? Or restart and keep going? I used the same setup except with the "my music" app, and I think it took 10 to stop fully, but I also had it triggering about 6 actions.

#14 Greaser

Greaser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@MattScarSr
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

The only Smart Action I use is when Wi-Fi is on, it turns off data. I've tried Juice Defender, and wasn't a big fan, I don't like how it shuts off data when its sleeping, when I reopen the phone I don't want to wait for it to find data, I guess I'm too impatient for the extra few seconds it takes.

Sent From Razr Maxx

#15 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

glad it works for you. When you turn off the headunit, does Pandora stop, start, then stop again? Or restart and keep going? I used the same setup except with the "my music" app, and I think it took 10 to stop fully, but I also had it triggering about 6 actions.

Pandora will stop playing music, close station, then restart the station... if Pandora is running in foreground, it will close it, but the icon stays in status bar... then reload the current station... if I pause it first, it will completely close. This is true with both my headset and truck radio.

Another thing I should mention, is that I am running an unlimited skip no commercial version of Pandora, maybe that has something to do with it reloading without pausing first...

#16 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Another thing I should mention, is that I am running an unlimited skip no commercial version of Pandora, maybe that has something to do with it reloading without pausing first...

Just got Pandora to test it. Couldn't kill it with automateit either. Ad version. Try emailing the dev? He responds fairly quick

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#17 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just got Pandora to test it. Couldn't kill it with automateit either. Ad version. Try emailing the dev? He responds fairly quick

Just sent the developer an email... I was very nice and praised the app, only had some concerns etc... you always get more flies with honey rather than vinegar lol

Hopefully the developer responds with a fix or at least lets us know why it won't work... maybe the issue is on Pandora's end... I dunno I will wait for a response from the developer first. I will post anything I find here if anyone needs help.

#18 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yea rudeness goes nowhere. It works with other apps. I'd imagine its Pandora. I guess it needs to be persistant for what it is.

#19 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

This is a response I got from the developer of automateit:

Hi,

AutomateIt kills the selected application but since Pandora has a background service, it will restart itself.

This is not a limitation of AutomateIt but more of an Android design and Pandora implementation.

The same will happen with other task killers since when killing the Pandora service, it is designed to restart itself.

Thanks,

Muzikant

Damn I thought that might be the case... maybe I can find a way to somehow close it... maybe there's an app for that... maybe someone knows of some way to keep Pandora's service from restarting... that'd be awesome

#20 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Uninstall it boom bang problem solved . Lol jk

Sent from my Droid Razr
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users