#161 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,134 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

OK its got a few quirky bugs ...I think I might be headed back to klllrom. Good news is there's a fix for the missing system ringtones, I'll find the post and copy it here later...

sent from my icy Bionic occasionally with a side of jellybeans

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#162 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

OK its got a few quirky bugs ...I think I might be headed back to klllrom. Good news is there's a fix for the missing system ringtones, I'll find the post and copy it here later...

going to stick with Overdrive, at least until DH updates Killrom. He and DT sometimes lets ROMs go, like Axiom and the Killrom for wingray. But that's his option, I can't complain :) he does great work.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#163 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,134 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah I'm hesitating about that issue too...

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#164 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

On killrom can only oc to 1200.I use Motormise. Still on Overdrive AOKP until we get an update from DH. How about those Nets?

#165 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,134 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Nets are cooking with gas right now. I was kind of digging overdrive but temporarily went back to killrom. Sparkys new build is also beckoning...

sent from my icy Bionic

#166 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Sorry can't win them all. No more sparkey Rom!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#167 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,134 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Why no more sparky?

sent from my icy Bionic

#168 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

He was nasty on his thread. I don't need to deal with the attitude, only have one slot 1.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#169 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts
  • Twitter:@sparkyman216

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

You reported a bug and didn't wipe everything like the directions say too. How is that being nasty?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• DrunkulaTX, B.E.McAllister, z96Cobra and 1 other like this

#170 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I try not wiping if I don't have to. I flashed over cm10.1 which is what you use as a base with no problems. You could have suggested that the issues I reported are due to the dirty flash, if you thought it was true. However, what I observed is endemic to CM 10.1 so I think these were ROM issues not due to my flash. I suggest a little courtesy. Speak to posters the way you would like them to speak to you. If you look at my posts I was very excited and appreciative of your work. I did not deserve your response.

#171 ultrastigi

ultrastigi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:ultrastigi

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sparkyman has a point though.

When you do this flashing of roms and stuff you should always wipe everything. I know sometimes you can dirty flash but if you start to have problems you should go back and wipe everything and see if its still that way.

It is a pain to set everything back up and all that stuff but i always do a full wipe and i usually flash 1 or 2 ROMs a day.

Sent from my Bionic

• upchuckle likes this

#172 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I try not wiping if I don't have to. I flashed over cm10.1 which is what you use as a base with no problems. You could have suggested that the issues I reported are due to the dirty flash, if you thought it was true. However, what I observed is endemic to CM 10.1 so I think these were ROM issues not due to my flash. I suggest a little courtesy. Speak to posters the way you would like them to speak to you. If you look at my posts I was very excited and appreciative of your work. I did not deserve your response.

when you flash without wiping everything that is recommended you forfeit the right to report bugs,. plain and simple. you didn't follow instructions and got the appropriate response. Let's move on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• DrunkulaTX likes this
Posted Image

#173 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Sparkyman has a point though.

When you do this flashing of roms and stuff you should always wipe everything. I know sometimes you can dirty flash but if you start to have problems you should go back and wipe everything and see if its still that way.

It is a pain to set everything back up and all that stuff but i always do a full wipe and i usually flash 1 or 2 ROMs a day.

Sent from my Bionic

He might have, if I had FC or related problems. But it was a clean install and I politely pointed out my observations that are issues in all cm10.1 ROMs that I have tested. He could have suggested a full wipe. But he did not need to be nasty. You can take a look at his thread. But I did a full wipe and his ROM is gone from my droid.

#174 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

when you flash without wiping everything that is recommended you forfeit the right to report bugs,. plain and simple. you didn't follow instructions and got the appropriate response. Let's move on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dubs, lack of courtesy is never appropriate! :-)

#175 sparkyman

sparkyman

In House Developer

• Developer
  • 368 posts
  • Twitter:@sparkyman216

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

You are right should of not of gotten nasty with u . but when i see semi dirty flash. I get annoyed. But that's my problem. Hopefully this is all behind us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Aldroid33 and upchuckle like this

#176 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Thanks, all is good.
  • upchuckle likes this

#177 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Can't you get arrested for dirty flashing?
  • Meibs and blazo like this
Just having fun with Android!

#178 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,134 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Update to CM10.1 is near according to dhacker. Perhaps, perchance, this also means an update to KillRom. Hope so. Digging this ROM a lot.

#179 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Lew, DH and Hash posted it on goo.im yesterday. He also posted a new aokp build, and some bacon ;]

#180 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Can't you get arrested for dirty flashing?

Yes, lol p)
No, but you can get yelled at by a multitude of users. Anyway, that's over. Sparky was big enough to apologize, which impressed me and I'm OK with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users