No replies to this topic

#1 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Photo Editors can be your best friend or worst enemy. Some are more complex and have many features, while some are basic and have few bells and whistles. I'm going to discuss 5 apps in particular and their advantages/disadvantages:

I have used all of these and have put them through their fair share of challenges and photos, here are my thoughts and feedback.

Paper Artist
All photo editors are very nice but some just don't do the job. Like paper artist, the app has some very cool effects and it does a great job very quickly. Although it is very obnoxious with the sounds and the irregular icons. There isn't much in the way of actually editing the photos though.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.1MB   19 downloads

Picsay Pro
Picsay pro was my goto editing app for a very long time, and still is. Its very simple and I love the features. You can edit someone else's head on a body and do a great job at it, and if you add an S-Pen to any of these photo apps, the job goes from mediocre to professional grade. This app is probably the best photo app all around and has the most features with a very easy and simple UI.

818.4KB   26 downloads

Stock Samsung Editor
The stock Samsung photo editor is ok, it can become a little overwhelming with adjusting the photo. Although you can add photos and crop, it has a modern UI and feature packed. It has a lot of the same features as Picsay, but it is free for Note 2 owners. (I'm not sure if its compatible with other phones or other brands, as I don't have a different phone to test it on.) This would be my number one choice for editing photos.

623.83KB   24 downloads

Stock 4.2 Gallery
The stock 4.2 gallery, which now has a built in photo editor is very feature deprived. You can add some neat frames and change some things about it, but it lacks a lot of features. The best thing about it though, if you're editing a photo, you can slide your finger across or vertically and it will show the original photo which I find helpful sometimes.

32.92KB   17 downloads

Snapseed
Snapseed definitely has the most features for adjusting a photo, but can be very hard to master, or just not get lost trying to play with a photo. You can rotate, crop, add frames, and change color looks. The UI is nice too, but can get out of hand if you don't know what you're doing. I need the first time tutorial every time I use the app and even then its hard to navigate. Also as in the AOSP gallery, you can slide your finger acrsoss and see the original photo.

585.84KB   12 downloads

If I had to rank these from my favorite to least favorite, it would be:
1. Stock Samsung Photo Editor
2. Picsay Pro
3. Snapseed
4. AOSP 4.2 Photo Editor
5. Paper Artist

If you have any comments or other apps you recommend, please feel free to leave some replies so people can get their creative juices flowing!
a what? an android? whats that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snapseed, Samsung, S-Pen, Picsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users