Photo

HTC: "We Haven't Done Enough on the Marketing Front"; Vows to Innovate The Market

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

111.69KB   43 downloads
As many know, HTC is not doing very well in sales. In 2010, they used to be the king of Android device sales, but now in 2013, they plan on changing things around to try and turn around the down period. HTC CEO Peter Chou part of the problem they have is because of the fact that they have not done enough on the marketing front.

Chou talked with The Wall Street Journal, saying that their competitors had been "too strong and very resourceful, pouring in lots of money into marketing," and admits that HTC has not done enough on the marketing front. Chou said, "One thing I learned from last year is to act fast and be responsive to market changes."

He also said that HTC simply doesn't have the money to market their products as much as Samsung and Apple both have, but that HTC does have the power to create unique products that will stand out on the market.

I hope HTC has much better numbers in 2013, as 2012 was definitely not their best year.

[Via:

]
  • mattlgroff and eyecre8 like this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#2 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ive always been a fan of HTC. Unfortunately marketing has a lot to do with sales. If they the product isn't known about, people wont buy it lol. I think HTC can and will do a better job of this in 2013.

#3 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Don't forget the facts that they alienated there fan base with non removable battery and no sd storage! How could you feel bad for a company that craps on there customers. Up there with moto
  • osnoozeo likes this

#4 thejakenixon

thejakenixon

Mr. Nice Guy (who doesn't want to finish last)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:thejakenixon
  • Google+:Jake Nixon
  • LocationVandenberg AFB, CA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

They need to get the salesmen on their side. I sell phones for Verizon and I know that when our LG rep brings by sticky notes or pens or something it encourages me to sell LG a little bit more than anything else. But our HTC guy brought by a bunch of little android mascot keychain things the other day and holy crap I was so pumped to sell HTC stuff. If a customer walks in just looking at phones who needs an upgrade, I could sell them an S3 if I wanted to or an LG Lucid. I would say at LEAST 60% of all sales are exactly what phone I want to sell the customer, not the other way around.

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

"We haven't done enough on the Updating to Ice Cream Sandwich front". That's their biggest problem. All of their no so old devices not getting the updates promised...it burns people into not wanting to repurchase a new device just to get updated software.
  • tmyinc likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users