Droid Razr Maxx Spots On Low Light Screen

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Just bought a maxx and when in a screen were it shows alot of black i see spots in the backround any one no what it is?.....also maxx battery awsome tookit off the charger 7am now 1 am next day 60% left moderate use all day just a littl fyi

#2 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Just bought a maxx and when in a screen were it shows alot of black i see spots in the backround any one no what it is?.....also maxx battery awsome tookit off the charger 7am now 1 am next day 60% left moderate use all day just a littl fyi

my first Razr did this. They said all do it. But bring it back because my second one does not!!!!!! My color was way green too on the first one...

8-)

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

#3 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yea thanks man i noticed that to at low light it has a green tint this is also on my wife reg razr just got them yestarday paid 660$ have to return the maxx anyway the touch buttons on the bottum are stuck on even when i power off the phone major power drain

#4 mac208x

mac208x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Yea thanks man i noticed that to at low light it has a green tint this is also on my wife reg razr just got them yestarday paid 660$ have to return the maxx anyway the touch buttons on the bottum are stuck on even when i power off the phone major power drain

I posted the same thing over at xda and this one guy said his on his 5th razr or something and it still has it. im just gonna live with is as i dont wanna pay the idiotic restocking fee 10 times.

#5 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

It's something Moto has already confirmed.
It's a byproduct of the manufacturing process - Moto will not exhcange a RAZR with this issue because it "Does not hinder the performance or image quality of the device and is only visible in extreme-low light conditions on a black screen"

#6 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

It's something Moto has already confirmed.
It's a byproduct of the manufacturing process - Moto will not exhcange a RAZR with this issue because it "Does not hinder the performance or image quality of the device and is only visible in extreme-low light conditions on a black screen"

This.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#7 Greaser

Greaser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@MattScarSr
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Just noticed this last night when it was docked, its annoying because its there, but doesn't annoy me enough to exchange for this issue

Sent From Razr Maxx

#8 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Just noticed this last night when it was docked, its annoying because its there, but doesn't annoy me enough to exchange for this issue

Sent From Razr Maxx

Most the Razr's have this issue exchanging most likely wont fix it anyway.

Rooted Razr 2.3.6 .173

#9 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

:D :D :D
  • raijin32 likes this

:-D :-D

#10 Sawi5

Sawi5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:sawi5

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've been thinkng about taking it back. Just annoyed, I didnt pay over $300 bucks for a phone to have some screen issues. Do you really have to pay a restocking fee?

#11 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

I agree it is annoying, especially to someone with a decent case of OCD. I just try to not let it bother me, as that's all I can do.

They won't take it back, unless you want to pay a $650 restocking fee :D.

:-D :-D

#12 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

:D :D :D

LOL!!!! Good one! :lol:

#13 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

LOL!!!! Good one! :lol:

I did that to someone in a thread last night over

• raijin32 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#14 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I did that to someone in a thread last night over

I'm going to have to do it to my wife. I'm always telling her to research solutions to the problems she has with her phone but she plays the helpless female and leaves it up to me. LOL!! Hope you're feeling better Arcane! :)

By the way my first Razr had some fairly big splotches as well. Luckily I'm friends with one of the reps at my local Verizon and we went thru a few of the ones they had in stock till I found a screen I could live with. The splotches are still there but anything is an improvement over what looked like a crime scene when my phone rebooted in the dark

#15 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Wow after reading all this...I feel very lucky indeed..No more spots or green tint.. but still have a off and on keyboard issue...lol

8-)

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

#16 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

I hate to bring an old thread up, but I'm glad I found this. Mine has those annoying spots on it, and at night, they're everywhere! I'm still under my 14-day thing with Verizon, but I'm a bit OCD on certain things as well, and this is quite the annoyance at night. I don't think it's enough to make me want to send it back and hope the next one doesn't have those spots...

But seriously Motorola, they know it's an issue and don't want to make a new batch that won't have these issues? No phone is perfect but when you're talking about your beautiful new AMOLED screen, it's not so beautiful at night when you first see the spots and double check yourself to make sure you're not on drugs. :lol:

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#17 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

I hate to bring an old thread up, but I'm glad I found this. Mine has those annoying spots on it, and at night, they're everywhere! I'm still under my 14-day thing with Verizon, but I'm a bit OCD on certain things as well, and this is quite the annoyance at night. I don't think it's enough to make me want to send it back and hope the next one doesn't have those spots...

But seriously Motorola, they know it's an issue and don't want to make a new batch that won't have these issues? No phone is perfect but when you're talking about your beautiful new AMOLED screen, it's not so beautiful at night when you first see the spots and double check yourself to make sure you're not on drugs.

All of them have spots. I'm ocd and learned to accept it. As long as it doesn't have a black stripe you should be fine.
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users