• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 luke61456789

luke61456789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

When typing it will all of the sudden just go out and no vibration will work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on the jb leak

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I actually just experienced this as well. From what I read it is due to the vibration motor not being lubricated enough and it just ceases up. Mine would go in and out while I was on ICS. I read a that you could physically take your phone apart and "oil" the motor yourself, but I opted to call VZW and get a replacement sent for the issue. I am currently on my "new" razr maxx and rocking the JB leak. It has not had any vibration issues since. Hope this helps you out.
  • luke61456789 likes this

#3 luke61456789

luke61456789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I actually just experienced this as well. From what I read it is due to the vibration motor not being lubricated enough and it just ceases up. Mine would go in and out while I was on ICS. I read a that you could physically take your phone apart and "oil" the motor yourself, but I opted to call VZW and get a replacement sent for the issue. I am currently on my "new" razr maxx and rocking the JB leak. It has not had any vibration issues since. Hope this helps you out.

thanks I actually just ended up doing that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 Whipping_Post+1

Whipping_Post+1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, PA
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr MAXX 16GB

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Interesting. I just had the same issue. I had gotten a "new" RAZR replacement and out of the box, this issue was present. Obviously, I was a little upset, being the REPLACEMENT phone!!! I have also had issues with the headphone jack and sound issues. I have gone through four RAZR's in a year, I think. They gave me a maxx this time round. Really happy with it. I hope I don't keep having issues. I really like the phone overall. Well, the locked bootloader is a real turn off but..maybe Motorola will get with the customer requests before I make Samsung my next phone.

#5 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

I just started having this problem as well. So is it the vibrating motor problem or is it a software problem? After reading a few threads someone suggested that tapping on the back of the phone brings it back and it does but it is really annoying. Do you think it might be because of dust build up in the back near the camera/led/speaker? If so probably opening it up vacuum and oil it up should fix it?

#6 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

My RAZR no longer vibrates. It's set up to my liking so I really don't want a replacement. I guess I could root a replacement phone.

Any last ditch suggestions? I tried safe mode as well

#7 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yeah mine is set up already and I'm not really feeling a refurbed phone...if anyone attempts to open up the phone - clean and oil up the vibration thingy please let us know how it goes. I've watched a few YouTube videos already but I don't have the tools nor the balls to try it. I just don't wanna mess something up and have to end up buying a new phone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users