• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting their phone to play nicely with their truck?

I get a "USB device not supported" error.>_>

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

What USB mode is your phone set to? Normally needs to be Mass Storage with the files in a common format (MP3/WAV/maybe FLAC) for USB. I personally find a flash drive more suited than a phone.

#3 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well when plugged in it gives the option of MTP or PTP and neither work.

I just got the truck Saturday so I still have some things to figure out but I do like your idea of a flash drive as long as I can leave it plugged in and switch between it and XM

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well when plugged in it gives the option of MTP or PTP and neither work.

I just got the truck Saturday so I still have some things to figure out but I do like your idea of a flash drive as long as I can leave it plugged in and switch between it and XM

MTP would be "Media Device" which is for syncing to a library on your computer (Windows Media Player for example). PTP is the mode to recognize it as a digital camera.

#5 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

So I don't guess I have Mass Storage on the Maxx HD >_>

#6 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

So I don't guess I have Mass Storage on the Maxx HD >_>

Yep, Mass Storage is a thing of the past for the JB HD.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#7 Sam Abuelsamid

Sam Abuelsamid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting their phone to play nicely with their truck?

I get a "USB device not supported" error.>_>

Which vehicle do you have and what are you trying to do? If you are just trying to play audio (in addition to hands-free calling) the audio system may support bluetooth streaming (A2DP). If you have a Terrain with Intellilink it definitely works with BT for streaming and using Pandora/Stitcher.

If BT A2DP doesn't work, you'll have to resort to the Aux-in jack and the headphone port.

#8 delawarehunter

delawarehunter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have a 2012 GMC Sierra, and I cannot get my Bionic to play music through the bluetooth or through the USB... Unfortunately, it just doesn't work..

I have got an ipod touch to play pandora and spotify through the USB (radio won't control either of those apps though), so maybe there is a hack or an app that can force playback through the usb connection on our phone? The truck should automatically pick it up if we could trick the phone into outputting it.
  • Brenardo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users