5 replies to this topic

#1 wrthgdrver710

wrthgdrver710

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm brand new to rooting, and I followed all the directions to root my razr M. It's running on 4.1.1 jelly bean btw. I did a factory reset on it because it was giving me an error message. After the reset I ran the root and it said that it installed fine, my phone powered off and on, and superuser appeared in my app tray.
However, when I try to run rooted apps and use root checker, nothing works and it says my phone isn't rooted. I have since re-ran the root program 4 times and still it does not seem to work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

#2 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm brand new to rooting, and I followed all the directions to root my razr M. It's running on 4.1.1 jelly bean btw. I did a factory reset on it because it was giving me an error message. After the reset I ran the root and it said that it installed fine, my phone powered off and on, and superuser appeared in my app tray.
However, when I try to run rooted apps and use root checker, nothing works and it says my phone isn't rooted. I have since re-ran the root program 4 times and still it does not seem to work. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

go into stock recovery by powering phone on holding volume up-down and do a cache wipe and a factory reset from there. and after try the root exploit again

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#3 wrthgdrver710

wrthgdrver710

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

So what is different from the factory reset I already did and this one you are suggesting?

#4 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

So what is different from the factory reset I already did and this one you are suggesting?

I dont know man but i know this would fix the problem.. its all covered in the rooting thread,, maybe its not differences but you still need to wipe cache so.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#5 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Its going to sound odd but try this as a friend of mine had issues as well. For some reason busybox was not working correctly. To fix it I had him download and install busybox form the play store after he Reset and re-rooted the device. However as i told him grab busybox from the market and update it BEFORE you try going into Superuser or any app that requires root.

#6 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Its going to sound odd but try this as a friend of mine had issues as well. For some reason busybox was not working correctly. To fix it I had him download and install busybox form the play store after he Reset and re-rooted the device. However as i told him grab busybox from the market and update it BEFORE you try going into Superuser or any app that requires root.

I would do that and make sure the superuser app and binaries are updated as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users