n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

hey everyone,

I'm new here but I have an issue I could not find an answer to. My Razr Maxx is rooted and I have a couple of roms on it ( safestrap) and for whatever reason it will not connect to my computers. This is a recent problem, reboots, different roms, etc did not fix the issue. I used two different cables on two different computers. It is definitely the phone that does not connect.

Soooo in order to get service I need to unroot the phone but without a USB, eg: flash a stock rom, maybe? Is this possible to unroot without a computer? I can plug the SD card into my laptop and load files on that way.

If this has been done before please post the link, Thanks.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Have you ensured that these computers have the latest Motorola Drivers installed? If you go into Settings>Developer Option>USB Debugging must also be checked. Otherwise, no, there is no way to unroot (at least to my knowledge) without flashing the stock system back via RSDlite or Fastboot.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Have you also tried to see if the phone recognizes the computer connection in fastboot mode? If it does, just FXZ that puppy and it'll be pure stock, no root.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users