Photo

problem flashing twrp

Best Answer spainter , 02 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

I can just drop twrp recovery img into to moto folder and flash it correct or no . Phone is working better but would like to get twrp back on phone to flash blurry back. THXS

If you set up HoM by the instrutions you should have been asked if you want to flash your custom recovery when you flashed the firmware.  If not you will have to setup moto fastboot, and copy the recovery image for your phone http://downloads.bli...Recovery/xt926/

That link should get you to TWRP-2.8.6.0-xt926.img That is the correct file for the Maxx HD. Copy that into the fastboot folder you set up and flash it to your phone.  (fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.6.0-xt926.img) or what ever the file you downloaded is named.  Do not allow the phone to boot normally at this point. Pull the cable and hold the power button for a second or so to power the phone off and then hold the volume + and power to boot into the bootloader.  Select recovery and with the volume - and volume + to reboot into recovery. Set your settings in recovery (time zone, turn off lock screen in screen this will help stop the black screen from happening on boot.) when you are finished with that select reboot to system, if you are not rooted twrp will give you the chance to root it then just follow the prompts in twrp and after booting. Good luck

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

been rooted and running fine for 1 1/2 and then I flashed stock recovery by mistake and now cant seem to flash twrp back to my Razr HD. I have a unlocked Razr and flashed a stock firmware to it that was in Utility 1.21. I have tried everything to flash twrp back

that I used to do it before and no luck. Dunno what to do it and phone suxs now since I have been using blurry until now.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

What are you steps when you're flashing?

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

I just used utility 1.21 to flash twrp. Might be bricked now. It just comes up with red M now and blinks every so often. I can still get into AP mode to flash it.

Will be back on tomorrow night.

THXS!!

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

I just used utility 1.21 to flash twrp. Might be bricked now. It just comes up with red M now and blinks every so often. I can still get into AP mode to flash it.

Will be back on tomorrow night.

THXS!!

Sounds like you are flashing for the wrong bootloader.  You may have to reflash to the newest version of kitkat for your phone and flash the correct version of TWRP.  That way you will not have a mix and should get you out of the bootloop. Use House of Moto to flash, if you follow the instructions to the letter you can flash the newest kitkat, flash TWRP, and root all in one session.

• johnthehillbilly, RikRong and 2late4me like this

#5 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

Sounds like you are flashing for the wrong bootloader.  You may have to reflash to the newest version of kitkat for your phone and flash the correct version of TWRP.  That way you will not have a mix and should get you out of the bootloop. Use House of Moto to flash, if you follow the instructions to the letter you can flash the newest kitkat, flash TWRP, and root all in one session.

Ty ya sir !!

Will try when get home to night. Have used house of moto and like it. but it stops at writing script and finish pops up. Im guess it should say complete before finish pops up..

#6 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

House of Moto is the man :)

Read,Read and read it again!!

• RikRong likes this

#7 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

I can just drop twrp recovery img into to moto folder and flash it correct or no . Phone is working better but would like to get twrp back on phone to flash blurry back. THXS

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:06 AM   Best Answer

If you set up HoM by the instrutions you should have been asked if you want to flash your custom recovery when you flashed the firmware.  If not you will have to setup moto fastboot, and copy the recovery image for your phone

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That link should get you to TWRP-2.8.6.0-xt926.img That is the correct file for the Maxx HD. Copy that into the fastboot folder you set up and flash it to your phone.  (fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.6.0-xt926.img) or what ever the file you downloaded is named.  Do not allow the phone to boot normally at this point. Pull the cable and hold the power button for a second or so to power the phone off and then hold the volume + and power to boot into the bootloader.  Select recovery and with the volume - and volume + to reboot into recovery. Set your settings in recovery (time zone, turn off lock screen in screen this will help stop the black screen from happening on boot.) when you are finished with that select reboot to system, if you are not rooted twrp will give you the chance to root it then just follow the prompts in twrp and after booting. Good luck

• 2late4me likes this

#9 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Oky when I use moto fastboot I get droid red ! and then it boots up normal.

#10 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

• RikRong and 2late4me like this

#11 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Ty my friend :) Back up with twrp and getting ready to flash custum rom again.

THXS Again Cheers!!

• RikRong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users