• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#21 dedik46

dedik46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

Flash test build, so far so good, didn't have dead screen/black screen...everything working well
Thank you so much...πŸ˜€ πŸ™Œ
  • jl90 likes this

#22 dedik46

dedik46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Wow...i should say that this test build much better than before...so stable for me i think that this should be an official not a test build
Multitasking, play games and the battery is pretty good, i'm just ordinary user and doesn't testing everything but for my daily driver is more than enough ☺

#23 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

Anyone else having an audio issue? Had this on my stock build too. Music will just stop playing. Well it keeps playing but the sound stops. Have to turn off and back on to fix. I haven't tried du yet currently running blisspop but my daily driver is Exodus. Blisspop is still a little lagging if anyone is curious.

#24 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

New test build has been uploaded. :)

• Warrior732MN and motoxt926 like this

#25 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Jl, should I even bother with the "official"? Is it the same as exodus? Pretty much same ROM just your own personal touches?

#26 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 21 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

Jl, should I even bother with the "official"? Is it the same as exodus? Pretty much same ROM just your own personal touches?

No not really... The test builds for DU are released as sort of a preview of the next official release. It is mostly to give folks something new to flash in between official releases, to get feedback on new features and because DU doesn't do nightlies. :)
  • motoxt926 likes this

#27 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

Finally flashed the official build. Real smooth great job D Unit! Only issue I've found is the app "groupme" is very slow to load and asks if I wanna wait or force close. It's been an issue for me with all lollipop roms except Exodus. Any ideas on a possible solution?

#28 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

Finally flashed the official build. Real smooth great job D Unit! Only issue I've found is the app "groupme" is very slow to load and asks if I wanna wait or force close. It's been an issue for me with all lollipop roms except Exodus. Any ideas on a possible solution?

Other than switching back

#29 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

I don't know what groupme is, what it is for or why it does that man.

#30 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

It's a group texting over data or WiFi app so work can bother me even when I'm not there smh.. Shows account under accounts so maybe it just takes a minute to sync. Takes a little bit for the screen to come up when I hit the power button to unlock it. Maybe not as smooth as originally reported but I have a feeling that's just a me thing cuz no one else has brought it up. Will let it sink in tonight and see if it works itself out otherwise will try your test builds or redownload n reflash official.

#31 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

The latest test build is more up to date than the official so you might want to flash that when you have time.
  • motoxt926 likes this

#32 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

The latest test build is more up to date than the official so you might want to flash that when you have time.

Test build so far so good! Any settings for scrolling wallpaper? I can't find it and I hate my wallpaper scrolling

#33 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

Jl90, thanks for continuing the lifespan of this device. I've recently purchased a nexus 6, so I'll be moving on from the RAZR, but your ROMs made it easier to stay.
  • jl90, watson387 and motoxt926 like this

#34 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

I'm about to give my phone the Dirty Unicorn. Edit: Newest test build running well. I got two systemui force closes initially but haven't had any more. Great job again man! :D Has anyone been using themes with this? I gave up on themes on Lollipop a while back because they always seemed to make the device unstable. Was wondering if they're any better now, and if anyone has any recommendations. Edit 2: Decided to just try out themes again myself. So far, so good, but it's still early.
  • jl90 likes this

#35 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:39 AM

Infamous:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

673.2KB   14 downloads
  • jl90 likes this

#36 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

I'm about to give my phone the Dirty Unicorn.Edit: Newest test build running well. I got two systemui force closes initially but haven't had any more. Great job again man! :DHas anyone been using themes with this? I gave up on themes on Lollipop a while back because they always seemed to make the device unstable. Was wondering if they're any better now, and if anyone has any recommendations.Edit 2: Decided to just try out themes again myself. So far, so good, but it's still early.

The systemui fc is related to changes we are making to the navbar and hw key options. We are working through it so bear with us. On that note test builds are on hiatus until further notice but it's moving along pretty fast.

Side note:
So everyone knows I have left the Exodus team and will not be going back. I enjoyed working on the ROM (especially with usmcamgrimm) but it was in everyone's best interest I leave due to the simple fact that I'm working on DU officially. There is, of course, more to it than that but we will leave it there. LOL
  • Skyler and watson387 like this

#37 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

The latest SS, 3.75, doesn't allow me to specify filesystem type. It "wipes" as ext3, but your instructions say /data must be ext4.

I'm a big fan of ext4, and I'd love to comply, but...

Currently on CM12, and APN setup is broken on CM11/CM12 so MMS doesn't work. 

Assuming someone helps me meet the requirements, can the other filesystems be ext4 as well? That'd be faster...

If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#38 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:11 AM

The latest SS, 3.75, doesn't allow me to specify filesystem type. It "wipes" as ext3, but your instructions say /data must be ext4.

I'm a big fan of ext4, and I'd love to comply, but...

Currently on CM12, and APN setup is broken on CM11/CM12 so MMS doesn't work.

Assuming someone helps me meet the requirements, can the other filesystems be ext4 as well? That'd be faster...

Instructions are for twrp and I was under the impression SafeStrap won't work on source built ROMs and I haven't used it in years.

#39 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

Jl90, thanks for continuing the lifespan of this device. I've recently purchased a nexus 6, so I'll be moving on from the RAZR, but your ROMs made it easier to stay.

Thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoy that N6. Come back and let us know your impressions. I might be getting one myself in the not too distant future. :)

#40 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoy that N6. Come back and let us know your impressions. I might be getting one myself in the not too distant future. :)

You're welcome! So the N6. I absolute love this phone. The screen, the speed. It's great. I don't even mind the fact that it's a "whale" of a phone.

Camera in the daylight takes pretty good pics. I have not tried low light/night photos. Unlocking and rooting (which I did within 5 mins of getting it) was easy. Took less than 5 minutes when all was said and done. I'm running Chroma right now, but I'll be changing to DU if there is a build for it (haven't looked yet).

I don't think you'll be unhappy if you get this phone.

*edit*
I used swappa to get mine. White, 64gb, $435. Significantly less than retail and the phone is brand new (2 weeks old).
  • jl90 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users