Upgrade from 6.11.748 to 6.12.173

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

MD5: aa7fe6290c0d3a60253922bac413da02

Downgrade from 6.12.173 to 6.11.748

MD5: 7cadbe9436128d4285b48cf3ae0213cd

Upgrade from 6.12.173 to 6.12.174
DOWNLOAD REMOVED.... Not going to be official update!!! (If you cannot fastboot/RSD Lite you'd be stuck here.)

Flash these using the stock Motorola Recovery. (Power by holding up both volume buttons and the power button, and choose Recovery. When you see the triangle hit both volume buttons than Install update from .zip on the SD card).

Edited by mattlgroff, 09 February 2012 - 02:23 AM.
DOWNLOAD REMOVED.... Not going to be official update!!! 174

• MrFrankRazr, mugsy77, CtrlAltDeath and 5 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Good stuff matt! Thanks!

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#3 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hey Matt! Guess what?!? Updated to 174 (well 173 then 174 of course) and know what I found? The Bluetooth stereo issue that I had posted is apparently fixed! That's quite funny though because Motorola support said "that's not a known issue that we've heard of". Well apparently someone knew something if their update fixes it (or should I say impending update)! That will now allow me to return the new headphones and save $130. Sweet stuff. Thanks!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#4 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

are these links good? i am on 748 and just tried updating to 173 and i got errors during recovery

Edit: NM I am a dumb rear end... I think I just need to read the post to go to 173 before 174.. sorry guys

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hey Matt! Guess what?!? Updated to 174 (well 173 then 174 of course) and know what I found? The Bluetooth stereo issue that I had posted is apparently fixed! That's quite funny though because Motorola support said "that's not a known issue that we've heard of". Well apparently someone knew something if their update fixes it (or should I say impending update)! That will now allow me to return the new headphones and save $130. Sweet stuff. Thanks!

That's some good stuff there. Congrats!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#6 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

@drsuse - Yeah that would probably do it! Links should be fine. I pulled and flashed yesterday a few minutes before my previous post. Rooted or not should be fine but as the instructions said do make sure that you're on a stock rom if rooted. I was rooted but using a straight up stock rom as most of the roms that I've tested don't seem to be able to work with webtop on my lapdock.

#7 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

@drsuse - Yeah that would probably do it! Links should be fine. I pulled and flashed yesterday a few minutes before my previous post. Rooted or not should be fine but as the instructions said do make sure that you're on a stock rom if rooted. I was rooted but using a straight up stock rom as most of the roms that I've tested don't seem to be able to work with webtop on my lapdock.

i think the status 7 issue i was having was when i used uot kitchen i changed system files.. so technically its not stock.. yeah i was trying to rush through it.. my fault.. should stop and read the directions
thanks

#8 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Still no way back from .174?

#9 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Still no way back from .174?

You can fastboot back to 6.11.744 using my Full Utility

#10 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Fantastic. I've already lost the love for .173 given some of the issues.

#11 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

i a

Fantastic. I've already lost the love for .173 given some of the issues.

i agree... this new update is awesome... i am staying at 173 and not going to 174. but i am rooted and my LTE never drops

just re read it LOL.. i mean i love this update.. its awesome. i dont have any issues guess im lucky, and i dont use alot

DAMN ADHD.... i didnt read it again..LOL sorry disregard

Edited by drsuse, 08 February 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#12 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

That's strange. I haven't had any problems that I can tell from 174. I did test and find that 173 app tray search does force close and it was resolved on 174. No LTE problems though.

#13 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

One problem I encountered with.174 was a fc with Smart Actions when trying to turn off cellular data.

Fixed it by reverting to the prior SA version.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#14 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

One problem I encountered with.174 was a fc with Smart Actions when trying to turn off cellular data.

Fixed it by reverting to the prior SA version.

That's good to know. Thanks for noting this, I'll see if its around in other version

#15 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

oops posted in the wrong thread earlier.....I get this error when I attempt to update via update.zip
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.
:2.3.6/6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5/111228:user/release-keys"
ll file_getprop("/system/build/.prop", "ro.build
.fingerprint") == "verizon/spyder_vzw/cdma_sypder:2.3.
6/6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-1/120125:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

#16 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

and I am mo-tard I cant get your utility to work.....I am missing something I am sure. when i click on the .bat file a cmd prompt window opens and the last thing it says is "daemon started succesfully" and then it disappears. sorry but I am a noob and it seems like everytime i try something with thisphone I have trouble. My D2G was a dream compared to this thing.......its been a nightmare

#17 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

and I am mo-tard I cant get your utility to work.....I am missing something I am sure. when i click on the .bat file a cmd prompt window opens and the last thing it says is "daemon started succesfully" and then it disappears. sorry but I am a noob and it seems like everytime i try something with thisphone I have trouble. My D2G was a dream compared to this thing.......its been a nightmare

Try running it as admin. That will disappear then show up the main menu normally. As to your status problem.. make sure you are on the right system for the update and it fully downloaded

#18 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

And im running xp...not sure if that matters. At any rate i thank you for the quick response and all your hard work.

#19 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

And im running xp...not sure if that matters. At any rate i thank you for the quick response and all your hard work.

Looking at the build.prop error it definitely is because you are not running the right package for your system. If it helps. the .zip are named for the system they are meant to be used ON. Not going TO.

#20 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I assume that this has to be installed from stock with all bloat intact. With root keeper. Or can I flash this over Abysm 1.1?
  • pm1066 likes this

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users