ConVs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hi, im new here and am still learning how to run the droid.. i'll be honest i use to be an apple guy! NOT ANYMORE! LOL i have the razr maxx with the JB ota update i also have the device rooted and have installed safe strap just a moment ago.. not sure exactly how to install a custom rom exactly i tried the jellywiz I think is what its called ?? lol but i may have left a step or two out.. need help with this please!!! :)

#2 hey_poolboy

hey_poolboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx,

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Welcome aboard!
To install jellywiz (or any jb roms) you'll have to make sure that you're on ss3.1 or higher. When you get to the screen go into boot options and select a rom slot. Then create the slot. Go back to the main screen and wipe the system/cache/dalvik on your rom slot. Then go to install and navigate to your zip file and swipe to install. Wipe dalvik and cache again, then reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running a different ROM nearly every day.

#3 funtyes1970

funtyes1970

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I'm new to and trying do same thing what zip file am i looking for after making a rom slot.sorry bing dumb lol

#4 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

The zip for the rom you want to install. Download a rom and then to install it, find the zip you downloaded and flash it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users