10 replies to this topic

#1 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and new user of the Droid Razr. I have issue with ear speaker rattle and was wondering whether it is a software issue of a hardware problem. When on the active call (either on speakerphone or on earphone) or listening media on the built in speaker at max volume speake gois in overdrive and start rattling. I was thinking that it might be a software issue and could be corrected in future updates, but if any of you experience the same issue and could shad some light I would appreciate it a lot.

#2 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and new user of the Droid Razr. I have issue with ear speaker rattle and was wondering whether it is a software issue of a hardware problem. When on the active call (either on speakerphone or on earphone) or listening media on the built in speaker at max volume speake gois in overdrive and start rattling. I was thinking that it might be a software issue and could be corrected in future updates, but if any of you experience the same issue and could shad some light I would appreciate it a lot.

Do you mean the external speaker (speakerphone, music, ringer) or the speaker for phone calls? BC I had an issue w the phone speaker rattling and crackling but I don't know if that's the same issue you're having or not.

[sent from the _base2 xoom]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#3 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

It's kinda common, I think it's from the audio over driving the speaker element. If you try to play thru an external speaker or your car system thru the headphone jack it sounds really good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Do you mean the external speaker (speakerphone, music, ringer) or the speaker for phone calls? BC I had an issue w the phone speaker rattling and crackling but I don't know if that's the same issue you're having or not.

[sent from the _base2 xoom]

I can mostly hear it in the speaker for the Phone calls. It does sound like crakling noise, not really clipping noise, so I would imagine that it is overdriven speaker. If I reduce volume it goes away, but then the overall sound is too low. I am a hardware engineer, not an expert on audio, but from the basics, there are two possibilities: one is software settings for codec or audio amp the second is blown speaker. In the second case replacing phone would be possible, but I have read on the web that Mot used poor quality speakers so if thats true then exchange would not help. I was curious if anyone else had the same problem.

#5 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

I love puppies and peanut butter.

That is a nice suggestion but I think I get it from one time (not three) and I do not think it is the right forume for medicine promotion. Just my two cents....

#6 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Delete your quote of that spam crap if you can... it gives him/her a link and that's what they want...

Your issue sounds a lot like mine... I just got a CLN replacement and it is clear as can be now. It drove me nuts bc above 50% volume it was an inaudible mess. And most of the time I needed it at higher volume - on the interstate or outside downtown.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#7 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

I also read that it can be caused by the adhesive used to hold the speaker together. They said that if it got to hot, it would melt but would not re-solidify properly and thus would cause the noise. Don't know if that's it or not, but I'm pretty sure it's hardware and worthy of a replacement if its bad enough to prohibit you from using your phone (it was for me).

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#8 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Fixed. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#9 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thought I nuked all of them. My bad.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#10 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I also read that it can be caused by the adhesive used to hold the speaker together. They said that if it got to hot, it would melt but would not re-solidify properly and thus would cause the noise. Don't know if that's it or not, but I'm pretty sure it's hardware and worthy of a replacement if its bad enough to prohibit you from using your phone (it was for me).

[ sent from _base2 ]

Thanks a lot for the info. Did you just complained of this issue and they agreed to send a replacement?

#11 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Thanks a lot for the info. Did you just complained of this issue and they agreed to send a replacement?

Yeah, basically. I went into the store. Otherwise they'll put you through to tech support and they usually won't talk to you if you're ON the phone, even though its a hardware issue that you can't really troubleshoot. The store was fast and easy. It was obvious that it was defective so they just ordered me a new one.

standard shipping is USPS 5-day. They will give you a few options, but I wouldn't pay for them if I were you. You should not have to pay for their mistake. They might just give you overnight as a convenience (they did for me). Good luck :)

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users