4 replies to this topic

#1 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Just figured I would share my conversation with a Moto customer service rep as I have seen a few times before:

Rez: Hi, my name is Rez. How may I help you?
Blake Forehand: I was just wondering when you guys plan to release ICS for the Razr. The most recent news from you guys states you will post more accurate timing (than Q1 2012) after the public push of ICS. We are well past the push but I still have not heard anything.
Rez: You are referring to the Droid Razr, right?
Blake Forehand: XT912
Rez: For now, we are rolling out the ICS for Xoom Wifi users. We don't have the exact date yet for the Droid Razr. We will keep you posted thru our website or you can register your phone online to get the latest updates.
Rez: Posted Image

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Rez: To register phone: Posted Image

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Blake Forehand: Do you have a rough estimate?
Blake Forehand: Because I have a feeling this is going to be just like your promise about unlocking the bootloaders and will never come to fruition.
Rez: I apologize for that we dont have the rough estimate because we are also waiting for an updates for the other phones that need to be updated to ICS.
Blake Forehand: So you don't have an update regarding your newest product because you are busy upgrading outdated products?
Rez: We dont have the information of the exact date for the updates.
Blake Forehand: I am not asking for an exact date, I am asking for an estimate
Rez: I cannot provide you the estimate because I may be giving you false hopes then you will blame us if that will not come true.
Blake Forehand: Well I have to say, I do appreciate that much more than lies.
Blake Forehand: While we are on that topic, do you have a date as to when Motorola will fulfill its promise for the bootloader unlocking tool that was promised to be available by Q4 2011?
Rez: I apologize we dont have the date for that.
Blake Forehand: Of course not.
Blake Forehand: OK thank you for the help, If you could pass this on to the higher ups I would appreciate it:
Rez: I will, Blake. Thanks for the suggestion.
Rez: Would there be anything else?
Blake Forehand: Yes, please pass this on to the higher ups:
Blake Forehand: Because of Motorola's horrendous record with keeping their promised to their customers and disregarding any and all feedback I will not only never buy a Motorola phone again, but will never buy another Motorola product of any type.
Blake Forehand: And I am not alone, Motorola's clear contempt for their customers wishes after they walk out the door with a Motorola product will be the death of their company.
Blake Forehand: I have dissuaded 8 people from buying a Moto phone for their customer relation record, and will continue to do so. Your management thinks that only real techie people care about the bootloaders, which may be true; but who do they think non-techies go to for advice on which phone to buy?
Blake Forehand: Thank you for your help, have a good day.
Rez: I apologize for that, Blake. Thanks for your time, too. Have a good one.
Rez: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Rez has disconnected.

/facepalm
/killself
/cry,butjustalittle
  • mattlgroff and The Kid like this

:-D :-D

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

I've had similar experiences :-(

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Wow...that was rough man. I was getting frustrated just reading it. Everytime I read a convo between someone and Verizon it seems like their issues are never completly resolved. They give the same generic responses to everything. I hope we get some answers soon!

#4 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Change names and keep doing it....maybe they keep track of incoming name :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#5 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Holy crap dude. Wtf.

/hope

Its hard to believe they treat their customers like that. Looks like we all need to re-up our donations to hashcode and dhacker since they're the only ones actually trying to give us ICS...
[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users