Photo

Lost Voice Mail App in upgrade to JB

JB voice mail Phone problems Bluetooth fails on JB Calls drop Audible app JB loses Voice Mail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:@GoRAZR
  • Google+:Assuredd@gmail.com
  • LocationHot Springs Village, AR 71909
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Since I updated to JB, I have had a few problems. First, I like to listen to my Audible.com books in my car via Bluetooth. When listening and a call comes in, it cuts off my Audible app. After the call is finished my audible will not reconnect audio to Bluetooth. The phone is still connected; but, audio does not pass through my Bluetooth and come out my car speakers. The audio is at that time coming out of the phone speaker. So, I have to reboot the phone and reconnect to Bluetooth again to restore my use of my Audible.com app. Then it is fine until I either get another call or place a call. Then, it starts all over again.

I have tried turning off Bluetooth and reconnecting. My phone disconnects and reconnects to the Bluetooth device; but, my audio still comes out of the phone internal speaker.

In addition, I have lost my Visual Voice mail application from Verizon. I understand that is considered bloat; so, Voice Mail really is not supported in most of the ROMs available. But, I need voicemail to keep up with my business. Is there a JB ROM that will allow me to reinstall my visual voice mail application and resolve my Bluetooth connection problem?

I am running on the following from Kebob:
JBDualBoot

my current ROM is:
Batakang_JB_v1.1_XT912

I do not believe Verizon is going to give me any support on it when they find out that it is rooted.

I want to make a $100 gift as a gesture of goodwill to the person who fixes my problems, or to the website, if I end up with the following: I am still on JBDualBoot, My Audible.com book reading app. works smoothly with Bluetooth and my incoming/outgoing phone calls, and my visual voice mail is restored.

#2 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I spent some time researching on the internet and found the following:

"Because Verizon login isn't updated for Jelly Bean. No Verizon apps have worked for me accept nfl mobile."

So at this point, anyone on Jelly Bean is forced to give up on Verizon apps, like visual voice mail, or find a third party voice mail app that works on Jelly Bean. I have seen some listed on the internet; but, they do not specifically say they will work on Verizon phones.

Does anyone know anything about this concept?

#3 neOwb

neOwb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Try Google voice, I wanted vvm but I'm cheap and I love it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Assuredd likes this

#4 Assuredd

Assuredd

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thank you. I will try it right away.

OOOPS I have to reconsider this idea. After reading the following link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I realize this is not going to be an easy solution. Turns out people are trying to rid themselves of it after getting onto it.

I will have to do more research. Thanks for the suggestion and I will give it full consideration. But before I make the change, I will do more checking.

Anyone considering GV should read this link first:

#5 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Visual Voice mail can work fine on JB. ROMs normally change the signatures on the system so you cannot download it from the store with different signatures.

For example, on my Aviator Rom there were people who wanted VVM. I signed the app to be in sync with the rest of the rom and it works. See post 170 and 175.

As for the other issues, I am not familiar with the audible app, but I can look into it if you are going to run the rom (I have a feeling this may one of those rom specific things and do not want to mess too much with other peoples roms.)

EDIT: I can provide a GSM patch if you need it. You can find it on

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users