4 replies to this topic

#1 arch7angels

arch7angels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

I tried to search for this topic, but the search isn't working on my phone for some reason so I apologize if this is already posted.

I'm running the stock ota of jelly bean for my og RAZR. I remember that in ics and gingerbread there was a way to enable your status bar notifications to have an unread tag that would show you how many of each message the are, for example if you had multiple texts.

is there a way to do this in jelly bean that I'm missing, or did they take that away? any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

I don't have JB but on ICS to to your email account, settings and there should be an option to show on the status bar.
<a href=

#3 arch7angels

arch7angels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

I use the Gmail app and I didn't see any option for that. I remember having to enable it in the phone settings. but i could be wrong.

#4 MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I use the Gmail app and I didn't see any option for that. I remember having to enable it in the phone settings. but i could be wrong.

With the app open, on the bottom left of the phone [the hardware key] should take you to the setting, It should be there.
<a href=

#5 arch7angels

arch7angels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

ya. I looked through the settings but i didn't see it. and it wouldn't solve the problem for other notifications. like missed. all and sms and such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notifications, unread count, status bar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users