3 replies to this topic

#1 hannahlin

hannahlin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have a problem that I haven't seen anywhere else so far. I've tried to update several times now, first with the leaked version and now with the official update, and every time it seems to break my data. I was rooted on 6.11.748, but I backed up root, unfroze all frozen apps, and temporarily unrooted to download the update directly from Verizon. I let it install and everything went smoothly, but when the phone booted back up it wouldn't connect to data at all. Wifi works, and the phone part of the phone works, but I have no 3G or 4G connection. I've tried rebooting. I've tried downgrading back to the older version. I've tried RSD Lite and that restore works fine, and I can get back to 6.11.748 from there, but even this doesn't always bring my data back. The only thing that seems to work is a full wipe of the phone, which is sort of annoying.

I do not have and have not had Bootstrap or Safestrap installed since the last time I RSD'd.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I'm new to Motorola (and Verizon), so I could be missing something obvious.

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

Did you have any errors installing 173?

You might want to try the Motorola app for fixing data problems too.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Airplane mode on? :P

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#4 hannahlin

hannahlin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I didn't get install errors at any point, so it really makes no sense to me. In the end, I did a full wipe, RSD restore, upgrade to 748, add my work email account, root, install Voodoo and backup root, unroot, upgrade to 173, restore root, THEN restore my apps using Titanium. This seems to have worked. I have data now, at least.

However, I have a couple of new issues now.

1) I get force closes in Smart Actions when I try to set it to turn off cellular data in the presence of specific wifi networks. This never happened before, and as it's my favorite Smart Action, it's made me sad. I can set other Smart Actions, but not the one I really want/need.
2) The reason I had to add my Exchange email on 748 is that the account setup in 173 doesn't give me all the same fields, and it won't connect to my email. My server admins require a passcode and encryption. Is this probably the reason?
3) The Amazon app store no longer lets me install or update apps. I get to the screen with the Install button, but that button won't press. Only the Cancel button will work. My settings are checked to allow non-Market apps, so that isn't the problem.

Without the ability to use my Smart Action, I am tempted to downgrade back to 748. Mostly, I'm curious as to why this seems to be a great update for everyone but me.

UPDATE: I tried doing everything again, this time setting up the Smart Action in 748 before upgrading to 173. This time I had no data again, and the app from Motorola didn't fix it. The whole thing is totally baffling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users