14 replies to this topic

#1 shep419

shep419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Twitter:@shep42o

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Has anyone used or use radiocomm or know more about it than me which is nothing?

#2 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I followed the tutorials over on XDA trying to hop between big red and t mobile. Couldn't get radio comm to even recognize my phone let alone modify the radios :(
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#3 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

you want to boot up in bptools mode (from the bootloader menu) to get the qc diag driver to load.
bptools isn't accessible with safestrap recovery installed because hashcode has tied that function to emergency recovery access, so you'll want to temporarily uninstall safestrap (recovery only, not necessarily the apk itself).
just a word of caution: be very careful with radiocomm, it is a very powerful utility.
  • nakedtime likes this

#4 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

you want to boot up in bptools mode (from the bootloader menu) to get the qc diag driver to load.
bptools isn't accessible with safestrap recovery installed because hashcode has tied that function to emergency recovery access, so you'll want to temporarily uninstall safestrap (recovery only, not necessarily the apk itself).
just a word of caution: be very careful with radiocomm, it is a very powerful utility.

Add *and dangerous* after the word powerful. You can seriously damage your bionic beyond repair, meaning an Fxz will not fix it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#5 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thanks man! Makes a lot of sense. I haven't been able to find any since the ICS kernel was released. Now I know why :)

#6 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

np, i tried the gsm radio edit and didn't work for me as my bionic is hardware version c.
i did get gsm working on my razr m though :)
now just have to wait for tmo to put up more 3g towers here in reno; just got our first one the other day.
  • nakedtime likes this

#7 BrknScrn

BrknScrn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWestern MA
  • Current Device(s):2 Bionics, one for use and one for dev, Galaxy Note Tab 2

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

This site has been awesome as I've ventured to do things I wouldn't have dreamed of two years ago and have since bought two Bionics, FXZ, rooted with Ubuntu and experiment with different ROMS on a regular basis.  Has anyone posted the step by step process to unlock the Bionic on this site using radiocomm?  How can I find out what hardware version my Bioinc is?  I have two Bionics and the wife is fed up with bigred and looking to go to a GSM carrier for unlimited talk,text and data for a lower face value price with no contract if we bring our own phones.  I have one bionic to experiment with the GSM hack.

ET....Phone Home

#8 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

This site has been awesome as I've ventured to do things I wouldn't have dreamed of two years ago and have since bought two Bionics, FXZ, rooted with Ubuntu and experiment with different ROMS on a regular basis. Has anyone posted the step by step process to unlock the Bionic on this site using radiocomm? How can I find out what hardware version my Bioinc is? I have two Bionics and the wife is fed up with bigred and looking to go to a GSM carrier for unlimited talk,text and data for a lower face value price with no contract if we bring our own phones. I have one bionic to experiment with the GSM hack.

It is on xda, but I think the thread is ~150 pages long. And it is for gingerbread. I would be quite happy to know if there are any differences for later firm wares as well as having a smaller (potentially locked) thread explaining how to switch to various carriers :)

#9 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

I was thinking about hacking my spare bionic on to gsm to be able to test out t mobile here. I found this thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I only looked briefly for now but it looks like its possible.
  • nakedtime likes this

#10 BrknScrn

BrknScrn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWestern MA
  • Current Device(s):2 Bionics, one for use and one for dev, Galaxy Note Tab 2

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks!  I checked it out briefly but with my experience base (rooting and roming with SS), it may take me a bit more to figure it out.  I'm consolidating other info I've found in performing this unlock but I think those were with the ICS build as you mentioned previously.

ET....Phone Home

#11 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

okay, so i have successfully hacked twk bionics to work on straight talk using att sims. only problem is, i never got 3g. 4g or edge is it. so obviously, the hack (same for the most part in all threads) does not enable the right 3g/utms hacks. i never put the phone into bp tools to mod, but they are on jb. my buddy uses 1 on straight talk. the other is my tester. it sounds like a couple of you know a lot about radiocomm. i am looking for knowledge and a deeper understanding of how to hack bionics specifically to work on Straight Talk att as well as one of their phones. if this is something you cant say publically, shoot me a pm. it is driving me insane to not be able to make ut reliable enough to drop my verizon service.i live in an area that has excellent 3g coverage but only 4g (att) in a few cities. any help is appreciated.

I have my main bionic on ics, a board i can swap into it that is still .905 and my tester is JB.

**EDITED FOR CLARITY**

#12 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I was under the impression the bionic only had an EDGE radio in it.

There is no UMTS or HSPA or non 700mhz LTE radio inside.

#13 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

There is no UMTS or HSPA or non 700mhz LTE radio inside

well, sir i can say for a fact, hspa+ on straight talk att works great. this works with only the 1877 nv edit. i personally have used it. 6mbs dl 2mbs up. definately not edge fooling me with an h+ icon. as far as tmobile goes, for the most part, edge is all that i have read is possible. my question, ultimately, was how to enable umts (3g). you could be right on that part, but that was kind of what i was asking. as far as i know, it is possible. i have all 3 major versions available to hack/tweak, though i believe jb to be the most promising. on my jb bionic, that has the nv edit done, i just installed eclipse 5.1 build 6. dialing *#*#4636#*#* yielded "global" as a radio setting. i really am trying to figure out what will make att's 3g be received as the hspa coverage is not top notch here.

• nakedtime likes this

#14 arana

arana

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

There is no UMTS or HSPA or non 700mhz LTE radio inside

well, sir i can say for a fact, hspa+ on straight talk att works great. this works with only the 1877 nv edit. i personally have used it. 6mbs dl 2mbs up. definately not edge fooling me with an h+ icon. as far as tmobile goes, for the most part, edge is all that i have read is possible. my question, ultimately, was how to enable umts (3g). you could be right on that part, but that was kind of what i was asking. as far as i know, it is possible. i have all 3 major versions available to hack/tweak, though i believe jb to be the most promising. on my jb bionic, that has the nv edit done, i just installed eclipse 5.1 build 6. dialing *#*#4636#*#* yielded "global" as a radio setting. i really am trying to figure out what will make att's 3g be received as the hspa coverage is not top notch here.

i researched this and this is how it goes:

build prop edit:

ro.telephony.default.network:  0  = WCDMA prefered    (will try to use 3g or better even if poor signal , consumes more battery while trying, if nothing found will use Edge/2G)

ro.telephony.default.network:  3  = GSM Auto PRL        (will use EDGE/2g and will only switch to 3g if signal is strong enough, if not it falls back to 2g)

you can both and see what does better for your area or provider

you can check on test screen #*#*4636*#*#  under phone info when you do the PING TEST, it will show you first EDGE then UMTS or UMTS briefly then HDSPA etc, depending on your setting and the coverage in your area.

on thin i must know, i used radiocomm in one and didnt se it was still on ICS , so i FXZ to JB and then i had to RADIOCOMM hack again, so is it possible to put this hack in a flashable zip without the need for radiocomm (since flashing the stock OTA does clear it)?

#15 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Cellzealot, of Team Black Hat, and also the most knowledgeable on the subject, has said a flashable zip is not possible in afore mentioned 150+ pg thread. That was one of his aims, but it simply is not possible. I havent specifically tried the two exact wordings of the build.prop edits, but the network values (0, or 3) i have. 10 is another i have tried. My tester is now back on vzw. My personal bionic on is on jb as well. Carbon rom hacked for gsm (androidforums.com) doesnt work right on my pals phone. I need to find one or build one myself. If anyone knows of a good gsm jb rom for the bionic, i would love a link. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users