7 replies to this topic

#1 racedog

racedog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I've had the Maxx for only two days. On day 1 I rooted the phone, installed razrbootsrap and made the mistake of removing a number of pieces of bloatware from the phone. Today I received the update. I was told in chat here to run the update. The update won't run because the bloat was removed. I was then told to run the eclipse rom but I can't do that because it requires 6.12.xxx. I seem to be stuck.

I noticed (I think here) that there is a zip of the bloatware. Is it possible to run that zip to re-install the bloatware? If so, how do I try to get the update again now that it has failed?

I'm really stuck here and sure could use some help. Oh yeah, I used doomlord to root, along with razrbootstrap I also installed the utility so that it always boots to cwm when power is turned back on.

R

#2 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

If all else fails you can fastboot to stock then receive the updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 bullswife98

bullswife98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Can I flash fastboot files on my phone using my phone? I'm stuck as well and I'm rooted with no bloat removed and update says fail each time I try. I've tried update the ota 9 times all failed and confused as to what to do. I don't even care if it breaks root anymore,I just want to update! Someone please help I have safestrap on not running any rom, running stock. What can I do to fix this? Also I don't have a computer so it will have to be done via phone.

#4 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Can I flash fastboot files on my phone using my phone? I'm stuck as well and I'm rooted with no bloat removed and update says fail each time I try. I've tried update the ota 9 times all failed and confused as to what to do. I don't even care if it breaks root anymore,I just want to update! Someone please help I have safestrap on not running any rom, running stock. What can I do to fix this? Also I don't have a computer so it will have to be done via phone.

Try uninstalling safestrap then try to ota.

sent from my maxxed out razr on the other side of a wormhole.

#5 bullswife98

bullswife98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Already did that at around try #3 no good. Still won't update. I think safestrap changed my system.

Try uninstalling safestrap then try to ota.

sent from my maxxed out razr on the other side of a wormhole.

b

#6 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

b

If you were running SafeStrap, chances are you will need to replace your /preinstall DIR. 2 ways, via fastboot or root explorer.

There are a few threads around here on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#7 jdms2k

jdms2k

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

I too am having problems with being stuck can anyone direct me to the correct place i've looked but haven't really found anything thanks

#8 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

REMOVE safestrap via the APP itself. Don't just uninstall the app. Then I would make a backup of your apps in TiBu then RSD back to stock 6.11.748, re-root and restore your apps and data, and then use voodoo rootkeeper to protect su / root before you accept the OTA.

Boom. You're on 6.12.173 and rooted.

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users