• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:@kwazzynuts
  • Google+:kwazzy
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

NEW ONE UP!!! ^_^ Currently on watch on base! Please tell me SD issue fixed!!
IT2 (AW) US Navy - Android <3'er

#202 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I will let you know soon. Is there a change log somewhere? Hopefully there is...

#203 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Nope, SD card issue isn't fixed

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#204 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

I've got the new one and camera doesn't work either. Unless I've done something wrong. But it runs smooth. Seems they added a few other things too. I also have the new gapps running with it.

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

#205 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Looks like they fixed blue tooth and camera for the bionic on 4.2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#206 stealthy45

stealthy45

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I dropped the most recent build for jellybean on my phone today and it's working quite well.
The only issues I'd noticed in poking around are the long-standing SD card mounting and camera issues. IMO, those are the only two keeping this from being a daily driver. It's quite smooth, wireless tether is working, etc.
Overall I prefer it over the JB leak, I just wish it didn't have the SD mount and camera issues.

#207 apcharlie

apcharlie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I dropped the most recent build for jellybean on my phone today and it's working quite well.
The only issues I'd noticed in poking around are the long-standing SD card mounting and camera issues. IMO, those are the only two keeping this from being a daily driver. It's quite smooth, wireless tether is working, etc.
Overall I prefer it over the JB leak, I just wish it didn't have the SD mount and camera issues.

I agree, the ROM seems great, I can't wait to get to use it as a daily driver =)

#208 Zeklandia

Zeklandia

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@Zeklandia
  • Google+:+Asher Wood
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yes running perfectly on System 2

I have tried with every new release and still can't get it to leave the bootanimation. It just stays on it forever. I posted a thread in General called BootMenu Manager if you want to see the log cats.

Sent from my Battle Droid

Asher Wood
Linux, Android, Java, C/C++ Developer.
Google+ | Github

#209 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

The actual releases doesn't boot with BMM. They make them unbootable, so you have to use SS or do it like me, just don't flash these Roms :ph34r:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#210 Zeklandia

Zeklandia

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Twitter:@Zeklandia
  • Google+:+Asher Wood
  • LocationThe Internet
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

They boot fine, that's not the issue, and this guy I quoted says he has no problems.

Asher Wood
Linux, Android, Java, C/C++ Developer.
Google+ | Github

#211 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@ryan8r
  • LocationBeyond the Grave..

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

They boot fine, that's not the issue, and this guy I quoted says he has no problems.

The init binary has been updated in the newer builds so you just have to flash this old one provided here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

after you flash the ROM and it should boot.

#212 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

The init binary has been updated in the newer builds so you just have to flash this old one provided here

after you flash the ROM and it should boot.

But that's no final solution for me. Patch an newer Release with an outdated file :blink:
I just wanna know why they decided to change the init. I mean we where able to boot all releases till 24.01.2013 without any issues. If it's an important change to make the Roms more functional, i'm ok with it.

I guess we will wait for an answer forever...or have to use SS (no solution 4 me, because i would miss the JB Dualboot and skipping of the CID Error)

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#213 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Beautiful ROM, however camera is huge for me...the SD issue is a major bummer. That alone drives me back to stock...
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#214 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@ryan8r
  • LocationBeyond the Grave..

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

But that's no final solution for me. Patch an newer Release with an outdated file :blink:
I just wanna know why they decided to change the init. I mean we where able to boot all releases till 24.01.2013 without any issues. If it's an important change to make the Roms more functional, i'm ok with it.

I guess we will wait for an answer forever...or have to use SS (no solution 4 me, because i would miss the JB Dualboot and skipping of the CID Error)

The outdated file you speak of is just init loader and modules .. One that create devfs on boot and the other that doesnt which in no way will effect the rom functionality.

#215 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Still the question why...Anyway, i don't really care anymore. There are a lot of nice JB Roms out there, that running flawless with BMM :ph34r:

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#216 maximinus i

maximinus i

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

It was mentioned before. Hashcode made safestrap so it only makes sense that his roms only utilize it. That's my take at least.

#217 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr MAXX (XT912)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

TO OP AND ROM DEVELOPER:

I HAVE DISCOVERED AN ISSUE WITH ALL JELLY BEAN ROMS ON THE RAZR OR RAZR MAXX. OVERCLOCKING VALUES DO NOT WORK. I HAVE TESTED THIS THEROY ON SIX DIFFERENT ROMS INCLUDING AVIATOR, JELLYWIZ, AGRESSION, TRIPLECORE, ECLIPSE, AND FLYING JELLY. THE SAME RESULT OCCURS IN EVERY ONE. TO CHECK YOUR ROM, I HAVE POSTED A DIRECT QUOTE FROM MY AVIATOR EXAMPLE AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TEST YOUR ROM.

I found that no matter what ROM I am on, the values will apply in No-Frills CPU control or any other CPU Frequency modding application, but they will not "Stick". After Screen-Off and idle of 10 minutes or more, or a device reboot; the maximum CPU frequency setting will revert to the stock 1200MHz value, but ONLY this value is having issues. So far my Govenors and I/O schedulers stick and so do custom frequencies and clocks UP TO THE STOCK 1200Mhz, but NO FURTHER.

Over at the Aviator ROM forum thread, we believe this issue is being caused by the fact that the OverClock Modules and init.d Scrips were developed on the ICS Kernel, and have not been updated for the JB Kernel as of yet.

Aviator Forum Thread Link:

THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL ROMS! I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND WILL TRY TO GET TO EVERY ONE OF THEM SOON! YOU GUYS ROCK! GOOD LUCK ON DEVELOPING A JELLY BEAN KERNEL-BASED MODULE SET ONE DAY!

To ACTUALLY check CURRENT CPU information ACCURATELY:

- Download a ROOT file explorer (i.e. Root Explorer or ES File Manager [If using ES, be sure system directory is mounted as Read/Write (r/w)])
- Start the ROOT running file explorer
- Follow this path EXACTLY to get to your CPU Info (You should start at just "\", meaning ssystem base, otherwise go up levels until just that slash appears): \sys\devices\system\cpu\cpu0\cpufreq\
- Once you are here there there are SIX files you need to open in Text Viewer, these files are:
  • cpuinfo_max_freq
  • scaling_available_frequencies
  • scaling_available_governors
  • scaling_governor
  • scaling_max_freq
  • scaling_setspeed
PROBLEMS I FOUND (After Using Aviator Utility to OverClock Aviator ROM, then using NoFrills CPU control to apply overclock with "PegasusQ" Governor and "sio" Scheduler [1300 MHz Selected]):

I will list what each of my four files said and then I will explain why this means my CPU CANNOT OverClock (Opened in Text Viewer):

cpuinfo_max_freq: 1300000
scaling_available_frequencies: 300000 615000 850000 1100000 1300000
scaling_available_governors: boostedASSv2 pegasusq smartassV2 hotplugx interactivex hotplug ondemand userspace interactive performance
scaling_governor: pegasusq
scaling_max_freq: 1200000
scaling_setspeed: <unsupported>

NOTE:
If I set OverClock using NoFills and then WITHOUT rebooting or allowing my device to sit and idle (usually under 10 minutes), and immately use RootExplorer and view the six files , this result appears:

cpuinfo_max_freq: 1300000
scaling_available_frequencies: 300000 615000 850000 1100000 1300000
scaling_available_governors: boostedASSv2 pegasusq smartassV2 hotplugx interactivex hotplug ondemand userspace interactive performance
scaling_governor: pegasusq
scaling_max_freq: 1300000
scaling_setspeed: <unsupported>

WHAT DO THESE RESULTS MEAN?:

Basically, the Scaling Max and CPU Info Max not displaying the same values is why my "Current Max Clock Frequency" reverts to "1.2 GHz" after my phone idles for about 10 minutes OR is rebooted. The Scaling Speed is controlled by "scaling_setspeed" and the fact that mine says "unsupported" means there is an issue. There is obviously a set speed because my phone will change frequencies on PegasusQ and use the 300, 615, 850, and 1100MHz frequencies, but will not use the 1300.

I believe the Scaling Set Speed is "unsupportive" of custom modules/clocks. If I open it using text editor and delete the "<unsupported>" and then "save and exit", it will fail and say no changes were applied. this will mean that when No-Frills attempts these changes, it will fail as well.

The cpuinfo_max_freq not being the same as scaling_max_freq is why my OverClock seems to work at first and reverts later. Basically, cpuinfo is just an information database that benchmarks and other applications use when you hit "system information". In basic terms, my phone is lying about its capabilities LOL. Scaling Max is the "REAL" value.

A SIMPLE WAY TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM:
- Go to the adroid Play Store and download an app called "CPU Benchmark"
- Go into NoFrills CPU Control and set your overclock of choice.
- Allow your phone to idle/screen-off and do not touch it for 10-15 minutes
- Start the CPU Benchmark app
- Click "Run Test" and watch the "CPU Speed" field
- Go to NoFrills again and set your values again
- DO NOT allow your device to idle/screen-off and go directly into CPU Benchmark
- Click "Run Test" and watch the "CPU Speed" field
- Reboot
- Let Phone Idle for 5 minutes after startup to allow apps to settle and allow NoFrills to apply its CPU settings
- Without doing ANYTHING else to your phone at ALL, goto CPU Benchmark and click "Run Test" and watch "CPU Speed"
- Post your results on this forum thread
  • braulioe76 likes this
Apples are food. Quit being stupid, eat your food, and get a Droid.
Posted Image

#218 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

please stop posting that everywhere, as it's not entirely correct.

In other news actually associated with this ROM, I found out that this version has working CyanogenMod updates that pick up the OFFICIAL Spyder builds.

However, Be aware that those nightlies are either A)ICS kernel or B) not working yet with hashcode's current version, especially since the SD Card can't be found for it to install from after the reboot.

Either way, just a heads up so no one else needs to find out the hard way.

#219 monkteo

monkteo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I installed (JELLYBEAN_KERNEL_ONLY-cm-10.1-20130305-unofficial-spyder.zip) and I like how it moves.
when the camera will work will be super

#220 AngelBladeVII

AngelBladeVII

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Anyone have problems booting this with the new JB OTA?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users